Interest in a South Dakota Black Hills run on Memorial Day Weekend 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
A few of us are kicking around the idea of a little Raptor Run the weekend of Memorial day.

The main focus would be to explore a small portion of the 1.2 million acres of the majestic Black Hills National Forest. This run would include some tourist stops along the way, like Mt. Rushmore, the Crazy Horse Memorial, and Bear Country USA.

The terrain on the trails can vary from rocky sections, muddy stretches, hilly areas and wide open high speed trails. Pre-running this will not be possible and the majority of the trails taken will be an “adventure”. Meaning we won’t necessarily know what we are getting into. So a great attitude would go a long way on this trip.

All skill levels welcome!!!

So who would be interested in partaking in a South Dakota run with some of the best wheeling the Black Hills of has to offer??

Here is a little video forum member Windsor made when he took his family.

Animoto - Off Road Adventure 2012

Some pictures. I can't find pictures of exact trails, but we will have maps to say which trails are safe for our size vehicle.

RedRiverNMTrails1.jpg
4221_6031_Black_Hills_South_Dakota_ATV_md.jpg

4346t-black-hills-national-forest-image-3652693214.jpg

OcttoSvGAw0BrqndVaaj8CW4x0rFaErF6fnevm7azXba8daafQ.jpg

Attachments

• mt rushmore1.jpg
    mt rushmore1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Crazy-Horse-Memorial-2.jpg
    Crazy-Horse-Memorial-2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 256
  • crazy horse 2.jpg
    crazy horse 2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 226

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man... Boy would I... SO many events this year :(... Got to pick em...

OP
OP
RaptorWifey

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Count me in. But you knew that already

Copy that Night Raptor 3.

Anyone who rolled with Delta during the Snoball, we are thinking this run will be organized similar to Delta Force. Yukon will be lead truck although that doesn't necessarily mean we need to always be first. We are perfectly happy letting others blaze a trail. Huck will be chase and communications will be efficient calling out obstacles and such.

Hockster and Greg, I definitely hear you, Joe and I will also be at TRR, but we need to get up to see Mt. Rushmore before we move on to the next job, so why not turn it into an awesome Run weekend with some of our FRF family.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally a run closer to me!! If only it wasn't that weekend. Summer holidays are a no go for time off.

AcePKT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet delta 33 er whatever it ends up being

Wouldn't miss it. Besides i gotta put the new toys to use. The snoball gave me the mod bug bad. I have tracking numbers on lights, wheels and tires so far... Spent all night looking at radios.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh man... I guess I'm in too!!! lol...

This will be a fun little adventure with some exploratory wheeling going on.

We aren't sure if we will set up a base camp for the weekend or travel around and stay different places each night. I guess it will depend what the people want.

Glad to see we have some interest in the run :driver:

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Wouldn't miss it. Besides i gotta put the new toys to use. The snoball gave me the mod bug bad. I have tracking numbers on lights, wheels and tires so far... Spent all night looking at radios.

Wow... talk about jumping on the mods. I've been talking to JJ and Huck too, they are getting in on the addiction. What wheels and tires are you thinking about?

What were you considering for a radio? hand held or permanent vhf? The Wouxon handheld that Treypal sells worked really well. Donk had an external antenna that really gave that small radio some good range.

Kanakry, Worldtour, WSI and I were all running the TYT9000 radio. I was having some troubles with mine, and I think it might be due to the antenna, but I'm still looking into it (maybe it was a lemon?). Anyway, I know the other three were happy with it.

Huck was running the Icom and he seem to have good success with it.

Glad you can make the run!

Status
Not open for further replies.