Huckfest 2014: Pismo Beach-- October 17-18 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone planning on going? It's a little bit out. But here is the information. Last year was huge, so this year they are planning to better accommodate the mass amount of people that will be in attendance.

Huckfest

Tickets: Huckfest

I would recommend getting there early. Last year there was a line from about 4am on, and they stopped letting people in around 9-10 from what I hear.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to make a trips down for it, will have to wait and see where I'm posted to in the spring.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
There's a lot of very unhappy people after last years Huckfest(waiting 20 minutes between each jump) and now it sounds like they are getting greedy charging $100+ a night versus the regular price of $35 a night to stay on the beach that your tax paying dollar goes towards.

All I'm saying is look into it a little more before buying tickets

OP
OP
S

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They had to rent the whole beach this time, close it off, hire tons of security, etc. the costs have went up.

There's going to be a lot of vendors too handing out stuff.

$35 for day pass

$100 for overnight camping.

Last edited:

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went last year, quite frankly this event should be moved to glamis, pismo is too small, way way to crowded last year we couldn't even have fun in the dunes with all the people and cops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And keep in mind the Baja 1000 is a few weeks after this event and most of the built/race trucks that showed up last year won't be showing up this year.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was on the fence after last year. It's fun but it was horrible waiting in between runs. And the worst part was they didn't tell you why there was a delay. Simple communitcation to the crowd would have made it much better. Oh, and to make that even worse they began blasting horrible music that hurt my ears. I'm sure it was one of the organizers bands because it really sucked imo. I imagine it will be better this year, as I'm sure they learned some lessons last year.

I understand why they are charging. I'm sure there is a ton of work that goes into this event and they probably want something to show for it. I just have no interest in their product unless it's free; even than I'd probably rather go on a regular weekend lol. Good luck to them though.

Last edited:

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huckfest 10 years ago with just the locals and getting run off by the rangers is how I'd like to remember it as.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gone the past few years and think I might pass on it this year. I've always had a blast but just not sure how I feel about all these changes.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I think I'm going to Mexico that week on a run.

But I dont think waiting in between jumps is such a bad thing....thats how it is at the races at times. Nothing a little drink or two cant fix.