******* West Texas 225 Desert Race presented by Extreme Desert Racing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I posted about this in the previous race thread, but I decided to post again.

The final race of the 2010 EDR series is Nov 6th in Notrees Texas. There should be 35-40 Trucks and Buggies. Everything from Trophy Trucks to Jeepspeeds. This is a very cool series, and its awesome that they are able to host desert races in a state with 98% private land.

I will be codriving in an Ecotec powered 10 Car

Note: The course is only open to racers (at least this weekend), and they are very firm on that. I may get a chance to do a prerun lap in my Raptor, but helmets are required for even that. But everyone should still come out to see all the action. The course is very silty, and alot like Baja.

Link to the website http://texasoff-road.com/WestTexas200.html

Race Schedule
Thusday: Track and Pits: CLOSED
Friday: Racers check in and Register at
( Holiday Inn, Odessa, Tx ) 9am-4pm
Pre Run: Bikes 7am-10am Reg, (Racers only)
Vehicles 10am-4pm Reg, (Racers only)
Contingency ( all race vehicles): 5pm-8pm at
( Freedom GMC dealership)
Saturday: Drivers meeting, 7:45 am
First Car off line 9:00 am
( 8 hour time limit )
Awards Banquet, 8pm

a few pics from previous races (All at the Texana Ranch), and one of my truck at the Notrees course

The 10 Car I codrive in.

R&R Offroad TT

Trophy/Pro Truck

Class 1 Car (I think it got sold, and isn't racing in TX)

Geiser TT

Raptor in Notrees

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool, I'm not a racer and I've got access to that land :)

My friend's brother in law manages the land for the rancher and they together created that track. Anyhow, I got some pictures and video I believe posted from a previous race called the Firecracker 250. The track is 50 miles and located in the middle of no where....seriously. The closest places to stay and get fuel etc is in Midland or Odessa. The ******* is located in Odessa by the Universtity on the corner of University and JBS Parkway. If you're coming in from 1-20, I forget the exist but their is a large Family Dollar or General warehouse right on the exist. The road beside that Family Dollar or General Dollar warehouse is JBS Park way. So you just take that road over to *******...stay in the far right lane.

As for me, I'm not sure if I'll race but maybe I'll see about checking it out.