Going to UT/CO/SD/MN/WI/IL - Route 66 from Chicago to LA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Going to visit my sister in Colorado Springs, CO along with delivering some tires to Noah.

We will then travel up to Rapid City, SD for the 4th of July. We will be in Rapid City from 07/01 to 07/05 if there are any Raptor owners that would like to meet up... lets see some local trails and hit one or two :)

From there we move on to Bloomington, Minnesota for the Mall of America so the better half can spend money buying useless crap in a state other than California.

Lambeau Field - our son is a Green Bay fan. The wife and I will risk it all and take pictures with our 49er's swag :)

Chicago to visit with family 07/06 to 07/09.

We then cruise Route 66 back to California.

It would be cool to meet up with mid-west Raptor owners so feel free to PM and I'll send you my cell number.

D

Deleted member 12951

Going down I-44 on your way back? I am only 4 miles off that interstate. Might go to the St Joe offroad park on July 11th.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you staying through the ninth? If so, I'm gonna be in the Chicago area on the 9th. Would be cool to meet up. PM sent.

OP
OP
Trick.Raptor

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
@The Macf - My brother lives in Grantsville but we are not going to be in the SLC area. We will be in the Moab on 06/29. I still want to hit Hells Revenge!

@2014RubyRed and @RDFTS - We head back home on the 9th so Chicago won't work. Rick, we are going on down I-55 but you are not that far off the route...

@Frogger22 - Thanks for the kind offer! My sister lives in Colorado Springs so we are staying with her :)

Because we are traveling doing the tourist thing after the 5th I guess hitting trails might not happen as much as I hoped :(

But if anyone on the planned route just wants to meet up and grab great food in your area that you know of I'm all for that too!

D

Deleted member 12951

Route 66 from Chicago to LA uses I-44 and goes right through Springfield, MO. I-55 to St. Louis then I-44 then in OK to I-40. If you follow I-55 past St. Louis then you are going to Memphis onto New Orleans.

OP
OP
Trick.Raptor

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Route 66 from Chicago to LA uses I-44 and goes right through Springfield, MO. I-55 to St. Louis then I-44 then in OK to I-40. If you follow I-55 past St. Louis then you are going to Memphis onto New Orleans.

You are right about that... I was going by memory on the numbers and I had to look again. July 11 we will be somewhere in NM or AZ though :(

D

Deleted member 12951

Well I am about 8hrs from Chicago on your way, a good time to get a stretch and make a stop. Call me if you want to meet up, will PM ya.

OP
OP
Trick.Raptor

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Well time wasn't in our favor this trip. We actually spent two extra days out on the road trying to cover everything. Sorry for not being able to meet up with anyone. Sure hope to make it happen down the road :)

IMG_5923_stitch_zpsfgb86wdz.jpg

IMG_6002_zpsrcswsoeb.jpg

IMG_6149_zpsbq6ofu9b.jpg