Gallaher Head Lake trip, WA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Return to Gallaher Head Lake, Wa day trip!
Post which date works for you.

Saturday July 23 or July 30?

Here is a link to the last trip.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f112/gallaher-lake-wa-trip-44335/
Warning this is more of an off road adventure with some technical challenges and you may receive light pinstripes in some tight sections (they will buff out) but if the weather is amazing the views from the top will be stunning!

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do you get there from Salmon Le Sac by the east side of Cle Ellum lake?

I've got a condo in Alpental and 10 acres below Rattlesnake Ridge and I've been dying to get my Raptor up there to cruise the logging roads

OP
OP
Ingot SVT

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you get there from Salmon Le Sac by the east side of Cle Ellum lake?

I've got a condo in Alpental and 10 acres below Rattlesnake Ridge and I've been dying to get my Raptor up there to cruise the logging roads

Yes, form salmon la sac coming from Roslyn,Wa. I will finalize the date in a week or so. At this point it's looking like Sat July 23rd

OP
OP
Ingot SVT

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plan outline for July 23rd!

Fortune Creek Trail

Warning!!! This is more of an off road adventure with some technical challenges and you may receive light pinstripes/ rear bumper to rock incidents in some tight sections. This is part of offloading and if the weather is amazing the views from the top will be stunning!

This trip is going to happen rain or shine!

You will need water/drinks, food, spare tools, tow straps, jack, spare tire, check weather for Roslyn, WA for clothing requirements it may be warm at the bottom but cooler at the top of the mountain

You do not need a Northwest Forest Pass or Discover Pass for this trip.

1. For those coming from or thru Seattle we will be meeting at 8:00am in Issaquah @
Starbucks 1460 NW Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA 98027

2. Drive to the Shell Station 4400 Bullfrog Rd, Cle Elum, WA 98922
Which is the second meeting point.
(expected arrival time of 9:15-9:30)

3. Drive out to the trailhead starting point Coordinates 47.401992, -121.095929
The drive up the trail will be slower as there are some obstacles/ creek crossings/ large rock fields to conquer and the elevation gain! But the decent will be way faster

4. Make our way up the Gallagher head lake 47.401992, -121.095929 stop for picnic lunch.

5. Drive past the lake up the back side of Hawkins Mountain if permissible to the top most point 47.444140, -120.997797

6. The drive down will be much faster then the drive up as noted from the last trip.

7. if anyone wants to have a bit to eat after we can make that decision at that time.

If y'all have any questions are suggestions let me know.

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any comms required for this trip? I'm planning on installing a VHF soon, but can do it sooner if everyone else is talking on that.

OP
OP
Ingot SVT

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 week bump! post where you are going to meet the morning of the run.

I will be in Issaquah.

Last edited: