Death Valley Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering all the rains that have been going on.... figure next weekend will be an awesome time to head out to Death Valley and camp a night or two. Figure the desert will be blooming and just the right temp.

Any places in particular I should check out while I'm there? Good remote camping spots? Gonna be taking my new gal out there (her idea)

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
It's Facebook but it's pretty current for road conditions...

Death Valley Road Conditions

A few places we took our Raptor last year....

Titus Canyon is a great drive. It can be done in a rental SUV but the views are well worth it.

Teakettle Junction and Racetrack Playa is a good drive as well. After Racetrack you have Lippincott Road which is passable with a Raptor but weather conditions can tear the pass up. Be sure to check out the trail conditions first.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Is Scottys Castle open? I heard they closed it after some flooding.

Baker Ranch is an interesting place as well. You going alone?

Boomer12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been almost 3 years since I was out there when the power lines next to the creek started a fire that threatened to burn the place down, so my information is a little dated... Didn't even know it flooded.
Z3C5mj1.png

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
It's been almost 3 years since I was out there when the power lines next to the creek started a fire that threatened to burn the place down, so my information is a little dated... Didn't even know it flooded.

Z3C5mj1.png

I know they had some damage a few months back but I haven't heard if it's been repaired yet. Not sure how bad it was.

EXO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Racetrack, Ryolite, Zabrinski Point, and ubehebe crater should all be on your list. Could easily hit them all in a day but also could do it in 2.

Vang

Reaction score
here's what i did in one day in order:

titus canyon
ubehebe crater
mesquite sand dunes
badwater basin

i didn't get a chance to hit dante's peak..my only regret..death valley is huge and i don't recommend trying to see everything in a single day. take your time and enjoy.