Day in the Dirt : Vegas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Expeditions

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Day-Dirt.png

It's that time again! Another "Day in the Dirt" with the Raptor Expeditions group. Our last day-trip was in Anza-Borrego, and was a great success. This time, we're going to try something a little different. Many first timers aren't sure they're ready to tackle an actual Expedition Run, but want a taste of the off road experience. This is the event for you! Although all skill levels and experience are welcomed, this is a great trip for all ages and skill levels.

Our Day in the Dirt will take the group on a one-way trip, from Barstow to Las Vegas! This will allow the group to spend a day cruising the SoCal desert at a relaxed pace, which is only dictated by the comfort of each individual. There will be no organized overnight plans or group dinner, this is simply a point-to-point guided group drive. We welcome all Raptor owners, and encourage all types of passengers of all ages. This will be a great opportunity to get your tires dirty, get the truck sideways, and learn more about your vehicle as well as the Raptor Expeditions team, and what we do!

The group will meet in Barstow at 8AM, and after a short driver's meeting we will be hitting the trail to Vegas. The trail will take us over a variety of terrain, along power line roads, mountain passes, lava fields, desert washes, and more! We will be traveling on trails north and south of the I-15, crossing through Baker, Cima Road, Sky Ranch Estates, and eventually the Blue Diamond loop on the west side of Vegas. Those of you who have not experienced any runs with the Raptor Expeditions group, or driven trails in these areas are in for an entirely new experience that you're guaranteed to enjoy. We're expecting a large showing, so sign up now and join the fun!

Name: Day in the Dirt - Vegas

Date: July 28th, 2012

Type: Single Day Event

Destination: Barstow to Vegas. This Day in the Dirt Event will start 8am sharp and end around 4pm in Las Vegas.

Cost: $100.00 per truck.

Driving level: Beginner to Advanced. Family friendly.

What's Required? Nothing!

What's Recommended? Lowrance GPS, Race Radio, 2 Spares, and the usual list of items we require for Expedition Runs.

Technical Information: Helmets will NOT be required on this run, as the course will dictate a much slower pace than the typical Raptor Expedition Run. Without an off-road GPS with all cautions marked, drivers are encouraged to drive the course at a steady and comfortable pace. Those with Lowrance GPS plotters will be provided a full course map with trail and cautions marked. We will also be communicating on the usual Weatherman frequency, for those with the properly programmed VHF radios in their trucks.

Accommodations: If you choose to stay in Las Vegas you can stay were you like.

Weather: 95F+

Miles: 250 off road

What included: Raptor Expeditions will offer on trail support but no chase support. We will help out any one who needs help with tire changes and other mechanical issues that might accrue. We will have 2 mechanics on the trail with us as well as tools and factory spare parts. Trail direction from Barstow to Las Vegas. Raptor Expedition trial bag included for every driver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in signing up for this event:

Register Online: Registration | Outlaw Raptor Expeditions

PM us, or contact Connor Gilmer - [email protected]

Web site: Outlaw Raptor Expeditions

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In! :peace:

Post up if you are staying in Vegas. Maybe we can get in the same hotel. I'd like to make hotel reservations soon, but haven't done so at this point.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be an awesome day-trip!

Not sure where I want to stay yet either... I know the Outlaw guys prefer the Hard Rock Hotel, but that can be spendy on a Sat night!

Anybody have any hotel preferences?

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking MGM because the lazy river on Sunday sounded perfect. Hard Rock has Rehab, but I doubt I'd go to that because then I wouldn't be able to drive home on Sunday.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking MGM because the lazy river on Sunday sounded perfect. Hard Rock has Rehab, but I doubt I'd go to that because then I wouldn't be able to drive home on Sunday.
Not to mention even getting IN on a Sunday is a nightmare... unless you're a chick with large boobs.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention even getting IN on a Sunday is a nightmare... unless you're a chick with large boobs.

Lol...which I am not. Not even bringing one to help the cause. Bringing two dudes though, so that should eliminate any chance of getting in.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna try and make this one. My truck may be torn apart but I'll know in the next week if it's a go for me.