Colorado, short notice, Rampart Range trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to go to Rampart Range late next week, preferably Friday, but I can do sat or sun also. Why rampart range? Because it should be completely melted of snow by then and there is good wheeling there. Why Friday? Because I'd like to avoid crowds. Being that it's early in the season, weekend could be a good time as well. Either way, let me know if your down to go.

Rampart Range is west of castle rock in the foothills. Supposed to be warm starting Friday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post up how it was. The only time I had a chance to go after it opened from the fire was winter in my wife's MKX.

OP
OP

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post up how it was. The only time I had a chance to go after it opened from the fire was winter in my wife's MKX.
Plan on getting a few go pro vids. I'll try to put something together. I have yet to hear of any good high-speed places to take the raptor in colorado. Do you remember if there are any places at rampart that you can really open it up?

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
User discretion on that one. You can get away with short bursts but no long term running. You just can't see far enough ahead and there always seems to be someone around.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
User discretion on that one. You can get away with short bursts but no long term running. You just can't see far enough ahead and there always seems to be someone around.

Do u know of anywhere in CO with long term running? Seems Ile everything is jeep trails

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C.O.R.E. in Agate, CO. Its about 50 miles east of Denver on I70. Best to call though. They do a organized race series there but they were having insurance issues for open events.

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a closed course on 800 or so acres. But they have a good track mapped out