Colorado Imogene pass - yes or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Otis857 did you end up doing this run? I'm making plans for September to hit Colorado?

Yes, I did it in late July from Telluride to Ouray. Great trip! I did Imogene, Ophir and Cinnamon passes on that trip. Of these 3 passes, Imogene was definitely the most scenic. When we went, the monsoons were in full swing and it was great, no dust at all. Great time with EPIC views.

A little narrow in one section, but just hug the wall and its not an issue. A Co-Pilot helps out a lot just to keep an eye on the edge of the road. The only part that was even an issue at all was going down the back side after the summit (towards Ouray) and that was just steep going down. I drug my tail pipe (stock) 1 time, but that was it. I did warp a rotor too in a stream crossing going down the back from heavy braking in the steep sections after following a tour truck full of people down the mountain at a much slower speed than i would have gone.

Take the trip, you'll love it! :hitit:AGAIN