barstow to vegas route

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pt2285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
planning a run from barstow to vegas, besides the powerline rd does anyone have a route or gps file to load up? looking for the route the cross soda lake and part of the mojave rd for the drive back. also if anyone wanted to go its gonna be for the day after christmas as to i have to be in vegas for work over the new year.

goathearder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been trying to find a route file for something like this forever and can't seem to find one. If you got, make a route and upload it for the rest of us if you can : )

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the LA-Barstow to Vegas page on the Adventure Rider Website. If you look under the GPS page, Called Layin Down Tracks. there will be routes for you to download. You can also look at each years routes. There are so many ways to get there that go North of Baker or South of Baker.
ADVrider - Powered by vBulletin

Here's another site a friend of mine runs. It has many many routes all over the South and Northwest that can be done in trucks as well with proper planning.

GpsXChange.com - GPS Tracklog / Waypoints / Route exchange Forum

Here's one route from Barstow to Vegas.
you can download from here.
Gps Track log route exchange Forum :: View topic - Barstow to Vegas off-road part 1
Part one.
GPSXchange.com -- Google maps for tracks

Part 2.
GPSXchange.com -- Google maps for tracks

Last edited:

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a main route and bunch of side routes to see things. I am not local there and I know a lot of people do this run. Care to be the "pre runner" and give me feed back on the routes and if the stops are worth seeing. Idea would be to add these route to the raptor run database.

Blue line is the "main line". Might as well call it the electric trial as it follows power lines for most of it.

PM me if you care to check out the trails and what format you want the nav files in.

Barstow to Vegas.jpg

OP
OP
Pt2285

Pt2285

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BIG ups to Dragon for putting the map together but this is the route we are looking to take. gonna take off and meet up in helendale around sun up and make a full day of this. 12/27/14-12/18/146sw8wl.jpg

JayneCobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware that power line road will have chunks missing in unexpected places. Take it slow going up and around some of those hills. Holes big enough to swallow your truck can appear from no where.

Have fun and be safe. That road is a blast.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure to send me images for the website if you take the photo detours I gave you. Especially the "UFO Maybe" stop LOL.

I will post this route to the website this week