Arizona meet up-planning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in. Lets get dates locked down and work backwards from there. We've got about 6 weeks of nice weather left and coordinating 15 people's schedules is gonna be interesting.
I'll throw out a few weekends and let's see what people think:
April 15/16
April 29/30
May 6/7
May 27/28
June 10/11

Also, I did a pretty damn fun loop 3-4 weeks ago. Started in Cave Creek, went to sheep bridge, then bloody basin to the 17. About 100 miles of fast dirt, lots of mild jumps, and beautiful scenery. Stopped for lunch at the Verde River/bridge. Really fun run that you can do in roughly half a day if you air down and move out. That would be an "easy one" since it's not even a full day.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 83
  • FullSizeRender(2).jpg
    FullSizeRender(2).jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 83
  • FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
md247

md247

Reaction score
April 29/30 is ideal for me and hopefully it'll still be in the dbl digits temp wise. (not that i really care i have a/c and seat coolers)

I don't have a lot of knowledge on west or north phx trails. but I'm game for anything. I go out 2x a week and explore just to get away from the city. anyone is welcome to jump in or meet up with me anytime.

facebook post i stated:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fordraptorforum/search/?query=matt dunshie

if your on this page, comment and let me know who you are, lets make this and many more happen.

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
April 29/30 is ideal for me and hopefully it'll still be in the dbl digits temp wise. (not that i really care i have a/c and seat coolers)

I don't have a lot of knowledge on west or north phx trails. but I'm game for anything. I go out 2x a week and explore just to get away from the city. anyone is welcome to jump in or meet up with me anytime.

facebook post i stated:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fordraptorforum/search/?query=matt dunshie

if your on this page, comment and let me know who you are, lets make this and many more happen.

Ryan checking in! April 29,30 work for me!

Last edited:

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, so last weekend of the month. Where do we want to go? I'm down for an offroad trip to Tucson, up north, Four Peaks area, etc.

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're the first to actually lay out a route and you were there recently I like your idea (Started in Cave Creek, went to sheep bridge, then bloody basin to the 17). We can meet and grab some grub, get to know each other and then plan for a bigger run too. I really like the idea of Wickenburg to Parker and it sounds like someone may know a route.

So who's down for Uzzirider's plan + meet and greet for now on April 29th?

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Here's the route. You can see an offshoot to Horseshoe Dam - I tried to cross the verde river, but turned around when the water came up to my doors in the "shallow part".

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 86

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds fun. I've been down there before, but not to Horseshoe lake. Im up for the side trip to Horseshoe too. It'll be dusty by the end of the month, but thats a reality in the Az Desert. It is a fun road and has some sections we can open em up too. Schedule permitting, Im in for the 29th. Are 'all thinking of including wives too?

Side note, I saw a REAL cowboy by that big ranch down there rounding up some stray cattle driving them through the dense brush, down the road for a bit and back up a wash to wherever he was taking them. Gives you a new appreciation of what it meant in the old days to be a cowboy.

Last edited: