Any Silver lake meet ups happening this summer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacitRequiem

Reaction score
P̶r̶o̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ Raptor Owner!

I'm a metro detroiter looking to get off road soon.
Any meet ups, or even just some one willing to show a ROOKIE the ropes for a day?

Even some tips on where I can escape for a weekend trip would be great!
Thanks for scoping out my post, bigger thanks to any advise thrown my way!
One extra ! just to show how excited I am to be a an owner!

13230157_10207441964225609_2475918353017242500_n.jpg

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always see a couple raps at Silver lake when I go, just air down and get a feel for it at first. oh and know what's over the hills before going balls out! they change all the time. I know there are a few guys that go from the Chicago and north Indiana area.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride!

Best advice is to take your time learning your truck (not sure how much offroad experience you have in general). Learn how each setting will affect handling (2wd, 4wd, diff locked, offroad mode, etc...) Learn the limits of what she can and cannot do. Offroading as a skill, is not something learned overnight or on the forums. The key is to take your time. Becoming overconfident in your trucks abilities or your own will only result in someone getting hurt.

Silver lake is a great spot to learn the ropes. Nice open areas and varying hills. Just can get very busy which makes for a little bit of congestion. I've been going for 20+ years and the amount of people that go there now is just insane sometimes. Best time to go is Tuesday/Wednesday if you don't want to worry about a lot of people there, plus the sand is usually smoothed over nicely by then.

Let me know if you have any questions about mods like bump-stops, leafs, shocks. Love to talk shop and I can get you setup if needed.

I usually try and get up there 5-6 times a year, so maybe can meet up sometime.

-Joseph Haynes

Napp E Roots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a silver lake event June 24th there will be at least 10 of us all weekend. I plan to get there Friday afternoon leave Sunday afternoon. A lot of guys with tons of dune experience will be there. but you need to be very careful the first time out there. You really cant see the whoops and drop offs and jumps. There is no contrast in the sand. But once you drive around you will know where stuff is and thats when we start flying. The dunes are very intimidating at first. I couldn't believe how big they were and thought there was no way I was going to make it up there, but once you get the hang of it, it is the most fun ive had so far.

OP
OP
T

TacitRequiem

Reaction score
24th weekend.

there is a silver lake event June 24th there will be at least 10 of us all weekend. I plan to get there Friday afternoon leave Sunday afternoon. A lot of guys with tons of dune experience will be there. but you need to be very careful the first time out there. You really cant see the whoops and drop offs and jumps. There is no contrast in the sand. But once you drive around you will know where stuff is and thats when we start flying. The dunes are very intimidating at first. I couldn't believe how big they were and thought there was no way I was going to make it up there, but once you get the hang of it, it is the most fun ive had so far.

I think I may be able to make that weekend! Any signup? or contact info?

Napp E Roots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sign up. Real casual a lot of dune time then trails then more dune time look up off road renegades on FB there is more info there