Any Georgia or South East events?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No real dessert here but would like to drive this thing off road in some wide open trails. I am not much for burying the truck in mud or rock crawling. I would like to open the beast up off road and start getting some skills and experience.

Anyone know of events or gatherings or just has a good tract of land with some good open trails.

I say open because here in North Georgia we have lots of trees and I'm not keen on wrapping my 60k+ truck around one.

Im a novice here so some newb gatherings would be a plus.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are a couple trails at Durhamtown Plantation that are wide enough for the Raptor. It's mostly just mudholes though. There is a small event called Rallycross, which is also held at Durhamtown Plantation. It is a dirt short track that consists of lots of sharp corners. I've never participated in the Rallycross event but have seen it and it looks quite fun. Their next event is coming up on Feb 8th.

OP
OP
L

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an ATV park in Waycross GA just opened up. It looks to be mostly hills and wide open. BUT it also looks to be 100% sugar sand. Not sure how fun that would be in a raptor. I go by it on my drives back home to Melbourne.

Juanchy21MIA. It's a shame we can't get Platt to open some of that pasture land down there.

OP
OP
L

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's called Fat Daddy's and it is 500 acres. YouTube sandhill park Waycross. Looks promising.

I'll call and see if they let a raptor group reserve it.

Any interests? the more numbers the better.

DALDeuce

Reaction score
I'm in ATL and am interested in a gtg. I'm a noob, I've only had my truck for about a month. Looking to get the new truck dirty.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A few of us have been trying to get something together but like most of you said it's hard to find a place to go. I'm down in fort Benning GA. I've been to the rally cross in durhamtown and drove around the track a few times it was pretty fun but flat land isn't my cup of tea haha throw some jumps in there with some washboard sections and it'll be game on!

Let us know what you find out that doesn't look like deep sand so air down a little and throttle down! I grew up playing in Barstow and the deserts in SoCal and Baja so getting stationed out here in Georgia SUCKED!!!

OP
OP
L

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Fat Daddy said it was for ATV's only. No buggy's or trucks. Damn Looked like fun. I'm gonna keep looking. Stay tuned.