The 9,231 Mile Saga

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the time has come to move back to the lovely United States of America.

Ramstein -> Baltimore -> Stainless Works -> Houston -> Seattle -> Salt Lake City.

4,000 miles in the air, 5,231 miles on the road with a wife and dog. In December, over the Christmas weekend, across the lower Rocky Mountains, on semi bald tires, with an exact time table. What could possibly go wrong?

I'll pretty much be following what pops up on Google maps. This will be the first time I get to use my MFT Nav and Sync services.

My question for all of you is, what's the weather like in Albuquerque, Cortez, Moab, SLC, Twin Falls, and Boise during that time frame? Weather Underground almanac says that most cities only had a couple of inches of snow during Dec 13 and 12. Probably going to be buying new tires in Houston.

There might be a couple days to play in Houston and Seattle, but this will mostly be a hi, nice to see you again family, got to go style trip. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris Macfadden.

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Albuquerque is pretty variable, sometimes a good amount of snow sometimes not, with all the rain we've had this year I imagine this winter will be bad. You on your way to Hill?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1- get duratracs before heading north
2- stock nav is awful. I have run the stock nav and a garmin at the same time and the stock nav always takes me on some crazy ass long route.