WSI bumper takes a hit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was late Saturday. It got rutted so bad if you go slow you get high centered to the point to where you can't even back down.
Balls to the wall!

So, I'm still on the fence about going prerunner style. Do you know what component hit hard? I couldn't tell from the video. Spectate please; would that interface have mangled a stock bumper and skid? That is the kind of situation I want to be build for.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

BTW Joe. Nice graphics. I've not seen your truck before.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
So, I'm still on the fence about going prerunner style. Do you know what component hit hard? I couldn't tell from the video. Spectate please; would that interface have mangled a stock bumper and skid? That is the kind of situation I want to be build for.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

BTW Joe. Nice graphics. I've not seen your truck before.

On that hill, most of the impact was to the underside where the front and underside skid plates meet. My WSI bumper stretches back and overlaps the bottom skid by over 5". It makes it kind of like a solid sheet to slide on vs a 2 part with a gap to hang up on.

As far as other places on the track, the approach angle i gained with this bumper (true 45* incline) kept me front smashing the stock skid plate on everything. I only hit once and it was my own fault going way to fast off a huge sheer drop off.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On that hill, most of the impact was to the underside where the front and underside skid plates meet. My WSI bumper stretches back and overlaps the bottom skid by over 5". It makes it kind of like a solid sheet to slide on vs a 2 part with a gap to hang up on.

As far as other places on the track, the approach angle i gained with this bumper (true 45* incline) kept me front smashing the stock skid plate on everything. I only hit once and it was my own fault going way to fast off a huge sheer drop off.

So. If I'm gonna play, you would say I gotta upgrade.
I'll put it on my list.
Thanks