Trr 2016 carnage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Several power steering pumps went out, especially on setups with 37s and a couple with superchargers. As far as the rear axle failure goes, it broke at the flange, trashed the brake caliper bracket, dust shield and parking brake and bent the mount on the axle and the axle tube where the seal is. There were reports that the axle was leaking and smoking, but driven anyway.

Several popped tires off of the bead (primarily front outside tire going into a turn).

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am no expert but from what I saw (rode with one guy), both LT Baja Kits broke at Baja Kits work (both customer welds to the frame held) on their boxed flat metal design above the UCA and below the upper shock mounts. One with the engine cage and one without. Pushed the upper box into the engine covers. Both trucks went out of commission for the rest of the event. There was a 3rd on a rear setup failure from what I understand but I did not see it nor heard much about it. Again, I am no authority to speak of any details of the matter.

you know what didn't break? RPG Bolt kit. holy hell it was fun.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzAiQrcHDGFFVnlxRTljdS0xVzg

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am no expert but from what I saw (rode with one guy), both LT Baja Kits broke at Baja Kits work (both customer welds to the frame held) on their boxed flat metal design above the UCA and below the upper shock mounts. One with the engine cage and one without. Pushed the upper box into the engine covers. Both trucks went out of commission for the rest of the event. There was a 3rd on a rear setup failure from what I understand but I did not see it nor heard much about it. Again, I am no authority to speak of any details of the matter.

Excellent info, exactly what I was looking for.

I couldn't imagine not using an engine brace with that kit ! The towers are way up there off the frame !
I'll get busy reinforcing the towers and engine brace.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that the issue with the baja kit tower failing is isolated to the 3.0 kits. Which would explain why Simon and I have tortured our 2.5 kits without any troubles so far.