Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I have been working with Baja Racing Texas 'BRT' and the Texana Ranch to put together a Raptor run at their facility in Bronte TX. They have a 42 mile track that is used for their desert races. BRT is going to put on a run that allows unlimited prerunning on the track.

I have raced/preran on this track many times, and it is alot of fun. Very Raptor friendly (except for the big jumps). Lots of straightaways, turns, silt, whoops, a little bit of everything.

Texana ranch is a 5000 acre exotic game/motorsports ranch. Texana Ranch Off Road

The ranch is asking for $100 per Raptor for the weekend. This includes unlimited prerunning on Friday 5PM-10PM Saturday 8AM-10PM Sunday 8AM-2PM, a GPS file of the course, and free primitive camping with a clubhouse on site with showers. RV hookups are $25 for 30 amp and $45 for 50 amp. There is a small pool on site, and lots of animals to check out. The facility is very family friendly.

There is lodging in Bronte, Blackwell, and San Angelo.

If you are interested please let me know. I am hoping that we can get at least 10 Raptors to go. This is a primo track, and if you live in Texas and really want to see what your Raptor can do, this is the place!

A Few Pics from the Ranch.

Last edited:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in...going to have to see what my schedule is like then though. I have a race in Fort Stockton two weeks later and I'm not going to drive that damned route twice.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I have been working with Baja Racing Texas 'BRT' and the Texana Ranch to put together a Raptor run at their facility in Bronte TX. They have a 42 mile track that is used for their desert races. BRT is going to put on a run that allows unlimited prerunning on the track.

I have raced/preran on this track many times, and it is alot of fun. Very Raptor friendly (except for the big jumps). Lots of straightaways, turns, silt, whoops, a little bit of everything.

Texana ranch is a 5000 acre exotic game/motorsports ranch. Texana Ranch Off Road

The ranch is asking for $100 per Raptor for the weekend. This includes unlimited prerunning on Friday 5PM-10PM Saturday 8AM-10PM Sunday 8AM-2PM, a GPS file of the course, and free primitive camping with a clubhouse on site with showers. RV hookups are $25 for 30 amp and $45 for 50 amp. There is a small pool on site, and lots of animals to check out. The facility is very family friendly.

There is lodging in Bronte, Blackwell, and San Angelo.

If you are interested please let me know. I am hoping that we can get at least 10 Raptors to go. This is a primo track, and if you live in Texas and really want to see what your Raptor can do, this is the place!/QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOOHOOO! There was 7 or 8 of us here in DFW haveing lunch yesterday and we were discussing just this type of place to meet up. Sounds like a great time. I could prolly make this. The Spring rains could kick our asses but I think the timing and price is right! I am 50 / 50 as of this minute but give me a few weeks and I may be 100%.

I posted this thread to the DFW guys. Hope they will chime in. I bet you can get the Okies and a few from other places to jump on board. How many can the place support as far as camping, campers and so on?

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I have been working with Baja Racing Texas 'BRT' and the Texana Ranch to put together a Raptor run at their facility in Bronte TX. /QUOTE]

So would it be just the Raptor group exclusivly or would it be an open gate for others NOT with the group?

BDRAG

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in if I have my raptor by then. Placed the order oct 17. Still no word yet on my build, but I'm sure I will have it by then. Another blue sCrew for north Dallas

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
The track drains really well. Ive been there on a Thursday night and got 4" of rain, and was prerunning by Friday afternoon.

I still don't have details on required safety equipment, but I will keep everyone in the loop. I'd suggest a GPS at a minimum. VHF is nice but not required since the whole ranch has cell coverage.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Do they have a shooting range?

They do, I will check with the ranch manager to see if we could use it. I'm not sure on all the rules about that since they are an exotic game ranch.

BTW they will give you an animal price sheet in case you hit one.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Texana Ranch, Ross Road, Blackwell, TX - Google Maps

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sprsnk,

I am Director of Operations for the Tierra Mala Group which runs a Special Forces Training facility on 700 acres just north of Robert Lee (as a crow flies it is 10-15 miles from this track). Depending on what you are shooting, we have a 25M pistol range, a 100M pistol/carbine range, a 1000M rifle range and if you are feeling it, a 1500M range. Assuming that we are free during that time, we could put together a package deal for the group. It isn't cheap, but if you and or a group want to spend some time around Navy SEALs and Army Rangers it might be a great compliment to Trepal's Raptor Run.

Just a thought.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
So would it be just the Raptor group exclusivly or would it be an open gate for others NOT with the group?

BDRAG

I dont see why other prerunners couldn't go. I wouldn't take something without suspension on the track though.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sprsnk,

I am Director of Operations for the Tierra Mala Group which runs a Special Forces Training facility on 700 acres just north of Robert Lee (as a crow flies it is 10-15 miles from this track). Depending on what you are shooting, we have a 25M pistol range, a 100M pistol/carbine range, a 1000M rifle range and if you are feeling it, a 1500M range. Assuming that we are free during that time, we could put together a package deal for the group. It isn't cheap, but if you and or a group want to spend some time around Navy SEALs and Army Rangers it might be a great compliment to Trepal's Raptor Run.

Just a thought.

AR-30 .338 Lapua

Not many places here in TN to shoot it. Hell..I've only fired it 5 times.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fun gun....we setup a 1188M shot on the range. The best part is waiting the 5 seconds for the sound to return back to the shooting station to let you know if you hit the target (in our case it is a 10'x15' metal tank).