Red River NM Memorial Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I was in Red River back in 1998 when I used to work with Jeep Jamboree... Greenie Peak, Goose Lake and 4th of July trails were my favorites. What trails did you run?

I did all that in my Cherokee though so it was quite different than the Raptor.

OP
OP
P

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in Red River back in 1998 when I used to work with Jeep Jamboree... Greenie Peak, Goose Lake and 4th of July trails were my favorites. What trails did you run?

I did all that in my Cherokee though so it was quite different than the Raptor.
I went up to trail 134 then hit up some side trails that went way up... some of those trails the Raptor Just barley fit lol.

OP
OP
P

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to see a raptor hitting up that area. my parents live in Angel Fire but i never got a chance to take mine up there while i had it.

Me and the ole lady was gonna shoot out to Angel fire. I heard they had some good trails out that way. I was going to loop around pass eagles nest.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I have had mine up in the Red River area several times. One of my favorite places to go!! What trails did you hit up?
Yeah it was gorgeous views on the way to the top. I got a trail map from the ranger station. It said trail 576, I hit a couple off of trail 134 after a while I stopped paying attention and just hit random trails that looked challenging and fun lol.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
597 is Greenie Peak, which has a lot of off-shoots. Goose Lake is 486. Did you take 134a up to Cabresto Lake? 134 also has a lot off off-shoots, many of which connect to the Greenie Peak area.

OP
OP
P

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
597 is Greenie Peak, which has a lot of off-shoots. Goose Lake is 486. Did you take 134a up to Cabresto Lake? 134 also has a lot off off-shoots, many of which connect to the Greenie Peak area.
Sure did, cabresto lake was beautiful. Definitely a fun trail getting there. Caught a lilttle bit of air coming back down lol. Due to time we didn't get to see the other lakes.