Raptor Expeditions - Pony Express Run - Sept. 6th & 7th

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Expeditions

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Pony Express Run was an absolute blast. We had the opportunity to see some beautiful scenery, blast over some amazing terrain, and hang out with great club members.

For the weekend, we covered roughly 300 miles. Friday was a 50 mile night run, Saturday we covered 200 miles, and Sunday we covered another 50. Very memorable and everyone worked together to make the run a success. Thank you to all who attended and made it a fun and memorable club run.

15174858582_900366f532_b.jpg

14988589140_6e926cf899_b.jpg

The rest of the photo's from our adventure can be found here: Pony Express Run

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was a very memorable trip with some great people! I really enjoyed the ghost town in the middle of nowhere. Shocking at least half the keys on the piano still work, just needs a good tune. Thanks to everyone who was on the run!

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good times indeed. That silt was crazy...I've never driven through that kind of stuff. It was like driving through a giant puddle. Wish I would have stopped to get some video of the trucks driving through it.

slowjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good times indeed. That silt was crazy...I've never driven through that kind of stuff. It was like driving through a giant puddle. Wish I would have stopped to get some video of the trucks driving through it.

Tranny temps loved it..haha.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it was a great time! I've really gotta square up my truck, score some free time, then join the Expeditions group.

Side note: While on my way to visit family in Sparks on Friday, the black Rap with the roof mounted LED bar, passed me on 80. Coming across wild Raptors is becoming more common...coming across one that's either a forum member, or on their way to a gathering I know about, is far more rare and exciting. :happy107:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like it was a great time! I've really gotta square up my truck, score some free time, then join the Expeditions group.

Side note: While on my way to visit family in Sparks on Friday, the black Rap with the roof mounted LED bar, passed me on 80. Coming across wild Raptors is becoming more common...coming across one that's either a forum member, or on their way to a gathering I know about, is far more rare and exciting. :happy107:

Looking forward to having you join the club...hurry up! :biggrin:

Must have been Blake, I don't think he's on the forum but he's a riot. I know how you feel though haha.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not that i wasn't or didn't want to join before, but damn, this run has really pushed me over the edge, i'm joining now...lol.

So when do you guys wanna re-run this? :)

Plus i finally got my 2nd spare a couple weeks ago...so i am set.

Last edited:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha, you definitely should have been there VG! Great route and the Ghost town was the coolest one I've been to yet. Funny part is I didn't even have the Ghost Town as part of the route up until 2pm on Friday. I happen to belong to a Ghost Town page on fb and someone posted a pic of it with the coordinates. Looked it up and it was only 20 miles away from where our route was passing through so I was able to add it in last minute.

We're working on the calendar for 2015 and this will definitely be on it again. I'd like to head back out there this winter weather permitting. If not, the spring for sure.

14988507409_a58c9cdc8a_b.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oQu1Ue]14988506869_5dc66c923f_b.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p5X5th]15152217846_d7dae37c12_b.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p7Xbf1]15174870252_ce913a49ab_b.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/p7Z4vi]15175237815_dfeeecfd3a_b.jpg

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha, you definitely should have been there VG! Great route and the Ghost town was the coolest one I've been to yet. Funny part is I didn't even have the Ghost Town as part of the route up until 2pm on Friday. I happen to belong to a Ghost Town page on fb and someone posted a pic of it with the coordinates. Looked it up and it was only 20 miles away from where our route was passing through so I was able to add it in last minute.

We're working on the calendar for 2015 and this will definitely be on it again. I'd like to head back out there this winter weather permitting. If not, the spring for sure.

Awesome, well I joined, so for sure let me know when you go to do this run again. But looking forward to any other upcoming NorCal/NV runs.

slowjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bigg, I'm smelling a rerun of the carson500 very soon before the weather goes total *****. I have some unfinished business behind a sand dune to take care of. Karma better not get in the way this time!
Let's set a date.