NorCal Scouting Trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went out with iHaveGas for a little scouting run up past Auburn. Thanks to my previous employer laying me off, I had some free time on my hands. So why not spend a Wednesday in the dirt!

I had mapped out a nearly 150 off road miles that we were hoping to cover. Didn't quite work out that way. We covered nearly 90 until we had to stop due to the trail becoming overgrown and downed trees.

However, the road offered a variety of terrain and probably the most epic stretch of road I've driven in the Raptor if you like to jump. If you were watching us from down the road we probably looked like a pod of dolphins jumping in the ocean again and again. There were a series of launches that were perfectly spaced to where we could catch air, let the truck regain control, then time to jump again! I think we jumped 4-5 times within several hundred yards.

This is going to make a great 1st leg/day of a run I'm planning. Not sure on dates for the run as I still need to prerun the second leg and I don't want it to conflict with other runs already in the works.

Oh, and of course I don't bring my gopro for some reason. I come around a bend and a damn bear is in the middle of the road! It was about 100 yards down and as soon as it saw me it took off running. It was pretty good size. Brown and not black. I'm not sure if it could be a grizzly but I know nothing about bears. But it definitely wasn't black.

I'll have some video up soon of a couple jumps. We decided to double back and get some video. But until then, these photo's should do :biggrin:

IMG_1960_zps7fb00227.jpg

IMG_1964_zps333c5bcb.jpg

IMG_1969_zpse126a399.jpg

IMG_1971_zps2ac6c70d.jpg

IMG_1979_zps0af3c23e.jpg

Trying to make a uturn up the side of a mountain

IMG_2007_zps491333fe.jpg

Andrew1_zpsabdb0b30.jpg

Last edited:

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok let's go back tomorrow you didn't zoom in enough on my jump to full bunce picture! Lol

This was one of the best trails I have been on. On the first 2-3 hours we went through 3 or 4 styles of terrain. At one point we were on a logging road that was clear open view and hit 75 mph. As you can see from the pictures the views are to die for and in person is even better. I did have a GoPro on so I will try and make some time to edit it.

This is not for wider trucks(f250 or f350) like we took on the Lost Coast run or even trailers. Some spots are tight.

OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You didn't honk to let me know you were coming! I literally had just turned on the camera and frantically hit the zoom button. Don't worry though the video is much better!

Ill have it up tomorrow.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WOW! guys... Just WOW!

I have to scrounge around flat ass Dallas looking for a new construction site for a jump, and you guys are blastin away in beautiful God's country.

Amazing. Be sure to post some of your good resolution GoPro video and pics or screenshots up on the Airborne thread. And of course the contest of the month FTW haha!

WOW! :cheers:

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

I cant stop hitting the like button

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be up for going on a run out there with you next time, as long as it's a day I'm not busy

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where was this at? I want to hit this trail when my beast gets in. Beautiful scenery and looks like fun.