May 10, 2014 Sundog Trails Trip Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my girlfriend met up with Night_Stalker AKA Josh with his wife, daughter and dog in yukon oklahoma at the sherwin williams at 8:30 am. We met talked for a second and set on into the mornign light to meet the others in the parking lot of Moore, Oklahoma. Took about 30 Minutes to get there and showed up to meet, Sooner Raptor AKA Jimmy and josh's friend( cant remember his name). We get there meet him look at each others raptors to see what each had done to one and envy on how gorgeous our truck are and wait for the other guys to show up. About ten minutes later the rest of the crew shows up, Kody(Boatman_SVT), ****** and blake.

We ended up having 4 raptors(white, black, black, red), 1 chevy trruck with a four wheeler,, 1 dodge 1500 and 1 ecoboost lifted f150. SO we all get acquainted and head down the road to sundog trails. Little did we know that there was a college graduation in our near future path. So we get stuck in horrible traffic. Not to mention there was a lady driving an old standard van who was literally going 5 mph when she didnt need to. After a horrendous trip to sundog we finally get there to be effin greeted by none other than my ex girlfriend!! She happened to be the gate keeper and well my current girlfriend was riding shotgun with me... awkward...

After we all get in and find out where everything is we start driving around having some fun. Then, there it is, a giant mudhole that challenges any offroader with the testicles big enough to try it. Well, Night_Stalker decided he would show us how big his were, for a brief second, he hauls ass in this massive water filled mud hole, hoping with every bit of his heart he would make it. He didnt, he had to be pulled out by an old m35a2 Deuce and a half single axle with 52" tires. It was an ugly beauty. Well, i cant exactly say what happened, but he was down for most of the day, but he got running later that day.

After all that happened i cant really remember most of the day but we all have plaenty of pictures and pics we will be posting later. I know we went up and down the trails multiple times had another buddy go through 2 out of 3 mud bogs successfully in his f150, he was pulled out by the deuce also. he ended up getting in my truck with me and we went down on the river hauling ass most of the day then over to the drag track a few times back and forth. The river was up quite a bit so there wasnt much we could do on it, but we had a good 500yd<1000yd stretch we could play on and go down in the shallow water in. We all ended up meeting down by the rive hanging out watching a bronco or blazer i cant remember try and get pulled out by the deuce, the deuce couldnt do it so they had to get a bigger truck to get it out.

the day ended up with everyone getting tired and i had too many beers to be driving so i stopped drinking and me and my girlfriend were the only ones left we hung out in the river walking around and getting this horrible sunburn i dont remember getting at all, which i still have.

All in all i had a great time met some new people and had fun which is what counts. I hope next time i have less beer and more river time and more people. All the guys who were there need to post some pics but make sure Night_Stalker says you can post the ones of his truck. Sorry i dont have too much description, i got too tipsy.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

e6uzybeh.jpg

e5uju5y3.jpg

asu3u9y9.jpg

gyzunara.jpg

y3epaza4.jpg

garupana.jpg

a6yza8a9.jpg
my truck

ty5unu2y.jpg

ne8unu5y.jpg

abygysej.jpg

amyda6ut.jpg

pezunene.jpg

ytabyry9.jpg

Sent from your girlfriends closet

Sooner Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great report bud! Those guys that run Sundog were awesome to us!!! Sorry I'm having trouble posting the videos to Youtube. I'll figure it out by this weekend. Thanks Austin for setting this up!

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great report bud! Those guys that run Sundog were awesome to us!!! Sorry I'm having trouble posting the videos to Youtube. I'll figure it out by this weekend. Thanks McDowell for setting this up!

Np! I forgot to add that they gave me a ride in their deuce truck!

donk1999

Reaction score
The best picture is the two dudes prairie dogging out of the top of the F-150 stuck in the mud. Hilarious!! They just look so helpless. I've been there before.

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm trying to get guys to go this weekend does anyone want to go to yellow bridge in Hinton.