Group Therapy recap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great job EXO. It was great seeing so many Raptors in their natural habitat. Everyone seemed to have a blast and really had the chance to put their trucks through their paces.

Here is a quick little video I made from the limited footage we got from a good size whoop section.

Cant wait for the next one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD_2h4oj2EA&feature=youtu.be

Jarrett
Cool little comparative video.
Can you give the details on the suspensions for those three trucks?

I know two of them, but the white one I don't. And others might not know.

Looks like the svc truck does the best over those whoops. And looks like the white truck should have been going faster. He was getting a lot of feed back.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

Last edited:

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice videos...The white Raptor needed to go faster (?)...any vids of a stock raptor on the same whoops ? Or 3.0" upgraded Raptor ? The ones we see in the videos are all about long travel kits right ?

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice videos...The white Raptor needed to go faster (?)...any vids of a stock raptor on the same whoops ? Or 3.0" upgraded Raptor ? The ones we see in the videos are all about long travel kits right ?

We didn't have a chance to get any videos of any other trucks. it's hard to see in video sometimes but those bumps are really big. A stock or 3.0 truck would be lucky to go 10mph over those things. Hence why you only see highly modded trucks running that section.

Jarrett

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will start with mine. Alpha 1 long travel and linked. I should have been going faster also. There was a very bad whoop at the start and my suspension is too soft to hit it fast. We are working on tuning my suspension and we all feel it needs stiffer springs. Also my truck is very heavy. 7850 lbs. Works great for prerunning, but i suffer in the really big stuff.
Smurfrunner does not have 4wd which makes it lighter in the front and it is sprung much stiffer with much better shocks. SVC also has a lot of time in tuning the truck.
The white one is a fresh build from H&M. (I think this was its first run) H&M long travel front with a sprung under rear.
What everyone has to remember, video and pictures never show how big the whoop are. These whoops would have broke a truck with only 3.0's. Jarrett was even saying they were a bit big for our trucks for an extended time.
Hope this answers some of your questions.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's true it always looks easy on the video haha...

Thanks for the feedback guys, awesome setups you have...

*Drooling*

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's true it always looks easy on the video haha...

Thanks for the feedback guys, awesome setups you have...

*Drooling*

Here's a sequence which shows how big the whoops were. As you can see in the middle pic the whole almost swallows the Smurf. And this is in the middle section where the whoops weren't as bad.

23368329241_ddb32252c1_b.jpg
22823707783_647b1e800a_b.jpg
23082865569_38036d3148_b.jpg

Last edited: