Got stuck and had to be rescued

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll admit I'm a novice at driving off-road (learning more everyday thanks to this forum) but having to call in another truck to rescue my Raptor is especially embarrassing. I went on a "fun run" with a buddy of mine today and made a bad decision with poor execution to try to cross a high mound at an awful angle and got stuck. :Stupid Me:

After trying everything I knew to do in the middle of a snow covered field, I had to call in some of my neighbors to come help pull me out. After using my tow-strap for the first time and 3 hours later, we were able to get it out and back on solid ground.

Even with the unexpected recovery, it was great fun and I can chalk it up as a lesson learned. Haven't fully inspected the Raptor but don't think there is extensive damage and it was actually fun as we worked together to get it out.

Live and learn.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 167

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Practice make perfect! Hook up with some of your local forum members and head out together. That way if one of you get stuck at least another Ford can pull you out. Plus you'll make a bunch of new friends!

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone gets stuck, so don't sweat it. The information on this forum is invaluable, but it's nothing to compared to what you're going to learn from driving experience.

It looks like you got high centered. If you had the shorter wheel base of a SuperCab, you would have made it over. :) Sorry, I couldn't resist, but it just may be true.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Man I've been lucky. Had my raptor 2 years 5 months and been Offroad several times a week and never got stuck! Knock on wood.

I would hate to be rescued by a dodge! That sucks man!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
goinsvt

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like you got high centered. If you had the shorter wheel base of a SuperCab, you would have made it over. :) Sorry, I couldn't resist, but it just may be true.

I was thinking the same thing about the shorter wheel base but I would never give up my Screw. The toughest part was listening to one of my neighbors tell me "You need to get a lift. Then you would've made it over.":Pshyco: