GLRE Spring 13 Thank You's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Spring 13 was an idea I had after the SnoBall 500 to have a small gathering of Raptors and get to know these guys better. I thought we could go wheeling, have large fires, play in the sand, mud and drink beers and BS. So about 7 Hours where spent at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and then about 100 miles off road doing ORV routes including a night run.

First off I would like to thank Heather for helping out as always at these events.

ICON Vehicle Dynamics- Brad, thank you for everything! Every truck received an ICON tool bag, gloves and stickers. Sitdown walked away with a pair of ICON UCA's.

WSI- Words cannot express what a great guy Jimmy is. Everyone that had a stock bumper and needed a Dune flag mount WSI provided them with the best looking flag mount I have ever seen. Super easy to use and very sturdy!!! Also Terry won the WSI voucher in the raffle for a Fauxhawk rack with Whelen Vertex's at a 30% discount.

KC HiLiTES- Although they didn't specifically provide anything for the participants they did provide a tremendous amount of light for the GLRE#001 truck to lead the way safely.

Jack Demmer Auto Group- Big thanks to Jim for the great raffle items. Ford racing tool bag, fender cover, pen/air gauge set, multiple hats and coffee mugs. Thank you for supporting our events. Sorry you guys couldn't make it to this one.

DCM OffRoad- Dutch!!!! Thank you for the shirts and the coolest beer cozies I have ever seen. The Magna-Coozie is great!

Defenderworx- John thank you for the billet fuel door to be given away at the raffle.

Freedom Motorsports- Everyone received various items from Amsoil because of Chris at Freedom MotorSports. Thank you very much for everything Chris.

Shooter- Thank you for all of your help. Everything from being the sweep truck to helping cook food because of your help the weekend went very smoothly.

Tim- The steaks where amazing! Thank you
Big Blue- Thanks for letting us use that awesome trailer to keep the expensive prizes hidden.

Sitdown, DevilDevil, Ron (SexualAvengers brother), Jeff1889 for taking pictures and risking their life as all the Raptors where going through the Mud.

Sorry if I missed anyone. This was a great event and I hope everyone had a lot of fun!

Again thank you to everyone and hopefully we will see you at the Fall Event.

Jason

caverndiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for having this outing. Had a great time at the dunes and the trails afterwards. Just told work that I was taking a week off at the end of September.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Jason said!

Jason, great job on this one! The route and trails were great & well thought out!

I'd like to thank Heather for her awesome radio & group navigation skills for keeping everyone on the straight & narrow as always!

All of the sponsors (ICON, WSI, DCM, Demmer, Defenderworx, Freedom Motorsports) for all of the support & donated items.

To everyone who made the trip out and froze their asses off, without your participation this event wouldn't have happened. The trucks & trails may be great, but its the people that truly make things special! Thank you for a great weekend!

Mark

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank to GLRE for putting on another event, even though I couldn't make it.

Stay Dirty My Friends

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even with the brutal conditions, I think i had even more fun than snoball

Yes, big thanks to all those above and everyone else who spent a good deal of time cooking and cleaning up after us. Several folks lugged around some large essential items. My Funyuns contribution was priceless, but you all really made this a easy relaxing event.

I wore the icons UCA's to work on a gold chain, I owe Dustin a reach around for his magic ticket picking fingers.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I don't have to be creative again, here's my FB post. Just because it's a copy and paste doesn't take away it's sincerity.

Well the GLRE Spring 13 has come to a conclusion. The event's purpose was to host a small event where participants could hang out around the fire, eat some grub and get to know each other. Well that's exactly what happened. I got to know some newer people better, and I got to solidify friendships that have been growing since I bought this stupid truck last year. The weather was less than ideal, but you know it never bothered us. Hot food, cold beer, big fires and inappropriate cuddling kept us all warm and cozy. Best thing I think was that there wasn't an a-hole in the group. Everyone was kind and polite and willing to help a friend out. Worst part was being away from my Boo on Mother's day. I'll have to push for next years event to be a weekend, or two, later in spring.

As always I have to thank the GLRE team of Mark Rowe and the Kanakrys, Jason and Heather. Without your willingness to put in so much effort, these trips could/would be a disaster.

Thanks to our sponsors like Jack Demmer Ford, ICON, DCM Offroad, Defenderworx, Freedom Motorsports and the venerable (and humble) WSI. Thank you all for supporting our addiction.

Thanks go out to all the amazing participants as well. It was because of you this trip was fun. I have some real friends from this group. So, who can loan me some money????

Finally, as with any good excursion, I've learned a few things:

I might be trading in my lower 20" Rigid for a winch. Getting stuck sucks. Calling for help sucks more.

Make sure you know the breaking strength of all components before attempting a kinetic energy extraction of a truck stuck to it's frame rails, uphill, in sand.

Creamed cord is too viscus at 32 degrees F to get the necessary splash all the viewers like to see.

Mark will probably NEVER camp again.

I may or may not, unbeknownst to me, have a tank and/or flop situation.

If we don't organize meals for people, it might have turned into Lord of the Flies. Didn't a kid get eaten in the movie? NO? Okay, then maybe it would have turned into ALIVE, just without the soccer players.

Thanks again to everyone for an amazing weekend.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we ever camp again I'll be swinging by my parents and grabbing their camper trailer.

Well said my friend, well said!

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you. I don't mind tents, but the setup/take down is a pain. Plus trying to get a 6 year old to kneel in the tent and pee out the door in the middle of the night while it's blowing snow is tough. What's the saying about not peeing into the wind?

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jason Mark and Heather for another great outing. I had a blast even with it being so cold at night. I am glad everyone like the steaks it was well worth it on Friday night after the long drive we did to get there.