Failed Mud Bogging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kinkrider888

Reaction score
After a long and fun drive up Berdoo Canyon from Indio to Joshua Tree, Ca. my father and I decided to stop at Coyote Lake(dry). Notice for anyone who wants to hit the speed limiter on their raptor, go to coyote lake near Yucca Valley Ca. towards Joshua Tree. I was doing 100 for a good ten seconds on the dry lake bed. It is nice and smooth, very flat, great for high speed races. Anyway their was a "small pond" at the end of the lake bed after the rain and I decided to put the Raptors mud bogging skills to the test. I had failed........ After about 10 minutes of backing forward and backward trying to wiggle myself out I had come to the conclusion that it was time to break out the tow rope and have my dads f250 pull me out. Here are a few pics of the incident. Enjoy....

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

b5.jpg

The fight begins...
b10.jpg

b6.jpg

b34.jpg

b54.jpg

Raptormud.jpg

That mud got all over my windows and hood
b65.jpg

b7.jpg

b76.jpg

b78.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How come I cant see the pics??
Help please

You're not using the right URL for your pics. Depending on the view of the album there's either a "Direct Link" URL under each pic or, if the pics are larger, then there's a Direct Link URL to the left. You need to copy the Direct Link URL not the web page's URL.

For example: go to this page: http://s996.photobucket.com/albums/af88/Kinkrider888/ and hover over a pic with your mouse. Under the pic you'll see some links popup including the Direct Link. Right click on that and then copy it and then paste it here.

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

By the way, they're good pics and you're a glutton for punishment - it's a LOT of work to clean a Raptor after mudding! (The tires do not help the Raptor churn through mud).

OP
OP
K

Kinkrider888

Reaction score
Here are a few more................

b8.jpg

r1.jpg

r12.jpg

Tidal wave coming from angry Raptor
r13.jpg

So close.......
r14.jpg

r3-1.jpg

r8.jpg

r9.jpg

rp1.jpg

Starting to make a wake
rp2.jpg

Just didn't have the traction I needed
rp3.jpg

rp4.jpg

Awaiting rescue...
rp5.jpg

Help has arrived
rp7.jpg

rp8.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics I have a video of my dad pulling me out, I'll post it up later.

OP
OP
K

Kinkrider888

Reaction score
Here are some pics of coyote late a few months before, you might have seen them on the "other forum"

ttt.jpg

tt.jpg

t.jpg

My Baby..
r5.jpg

Nice powdercoat of fine dust
r4.jpg

How cool is this
r3.jpg

pp.jpg

ii.jpg

i.jpg

76.jpg

56.jpg

Kickin it with the Family and our Weekend Warrior
33.jpg

09.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great pics Jeffrey! Nice to know you can dunk your Raptor and Dad will always be there with his diesel F250 to bail you out.

Note to all: Jeffrey has one of the coolest Dads around. He bought his son a beautiful Raptor that he allows Jeffrey to "test" to see what it can do (and what it can't).

(I admit to being jealous - I had to buy my own Raptor and I don't have anyone to pay for repairs when I screw it up).

Jeffrey and his Dad, Karl, are cool people and you'll enjoy meeting them on Raptor Run 4.