Brutus the Raptor Mascot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people were taking pictures with Brutus at the Havoc in the Hills Run, If you would like to share, please post your photos here.

Brutus, 19 months old, 163 lbs English mastiff. A gentle giant.

Thanks everyone for making him feel welcome and giving him so much loving. He is looking forward to many more trips.

Keith & Linda Mandoske

Attachments

• DSCN0142.JPG
    DSCN0142.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN0146.JPG
    DSCN0146.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0158.JPG
    DSCN0158.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0162.JPG
    DSCN0162.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0116.JPG
    DSCN0116.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

TMX Engineer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Meeting him and you guys were the best part of the trip. ill bring a cooler full of ice just for him next time, that way he can he can have his, and I can still keep the beer cold!

OP
OP
Kmandoske

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brutus

some more shots of Brutus

Attachments

• DSCN0172.jpg
    DSCN0172.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0171.jpg
    DSCN0171.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0179.jpg
    DSCN0179.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 56
  • brutus in cab.JPG
    brutus in cab.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 48

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a great and beautiful pup! Great running with you and Linda again Keith!!

image_zpsc94f9367.jpg

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
How much time did he spend in the truck while offroading. Mine don't do so well in the back seat since they don't have any way of being secured. The only trip I will take them on is the Colorado Run.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Trey, I was worried about that too since Maggie even had some hunkering moments at SDBR, but I think Brutus's size made up for it... Keith put up a video and he looked perfectly content bobbing along in the back seat.

Sorry Maggie was afraid of him guys, she usually loves big dogs, but I guess he was just a little too big..lol I loved petting him though!

OP
OP
Kmandoske

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He can last 15 hours in the back of the truck cab on the highway. He is content as can be. This was the first trip I was able and willing to take him on. First he is still a puppy and can get a little to playful but we think he is just past that. We chose the course event because we could take him for one lap at a time, not like our Michigan snoball or spring 13 run where we had a set destination everyday and he would be stuck off roading for hours. The first day it was a 35 minute lap and he did well, it was new to him. The second day was much rougher and about 45 minutes. After 30 minutes we could tell he had enough, he crawled into Linda's lap in the front seat. We know he was done. He only did one run each day and I took it real easy on both runs. His size helps and I have been teaching him "Hang On" he lowers his body to the floor and widens his stance. Not fully trained yet but we will get there.