Black Rock Prerun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget to like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/expeditionxoffroad

Updated:

My head is still spinning from this last trip. So much happened that I'm not sure where to begin. I suppose I should start from the beginning...

Most of our group met up in South Lake Tahoe around 6pm. The plan was to grab some dinner at the new Hard Rock Hotel and then head over to Carson City where we'd meet up with John and Dan. Unfortunately for them, they couldn't get off work early enough to join us.

The patio at the Hard Rock is pretty sweet. You can sit back around a fire pit in a comfy chair while enjoying a cocktail or in my case a Dogfish 90 minute IPA.

16726451897_dec620b7bc_b.jpg

Eventually sat down for some grub. I hadn't anticipated us having such a large group so we couldn't sit at one big table but it worked out pretty well as they sat us in 3 close tables out on the patio.

16747571569_f861109555_b.jpg

After scarffing down our food and another beer or two we headed for the parking lot. I checked with Dan and John and they were on schedule to be in Carson around 10pm. It was only 8pm so we had some time to kill. Gordon decided he'd head over to the trail head in Carson early since he needed to aim his lights. The rest of us hung out for another 15-20 minutes and then headed over to the gas station we'd meet up with Dan & John.

Once we reached the gas station we all filled our tanks and aired down. Eventually Dan & John showed up and we headed for the trail head around 10:15. We were all excited for a little night running. We had 130 miles on tap for the night. As if our blood wasn't rushing enough, we got a call from Gordon over the radio when we pulled up to the trail head for us all to come up to his truck quickly. He sounded pretty worked up so I knew something was wrong.

By the time I got up there Gordon and Scott (Gordon's codriver) out of the truck and having a heated "discussion" with a guy in a mid 90's Suburban. The guy was obviously drunk and was trying to be a Billy Bad Ass. Apparently the guy didn't like all the attention Gordon's truck was getting (this area of the trial head is local hang out spot during the weekends) and decided to challenge him to a race lol. Gordon graciously declined as the guy was drunk and the Suburban was no match haha. Here's a pic of Gordon's truck for reference:

16703496486_a264f0e0c4_b.jpg

read the rest of the story on our site: expedition-x-offroad

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was a really fun run. Day two had some of the best mix of trails I have done in Nor Cal.

Technically, Northern Nevada bub :biggrin:

cool stuff i follow you guys on IG

Awesome! Thanks for following us.

Nice write up. One day...

Thanks!

Great write up! I agree day 2 was amazing, awesome mix of trails.

Thanks John, glad you guys were able to make it. I was surprised how great the trails were. You never know until you run them.

Don't forget to like our fb page folks: www.facebook.com/expeditionxoffroad

Last edited: