Alberta Area Raptors Group Jan 27 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was a great day out in the snow, Had a couple new guys with me (Thanks for coming out RaptorBri and SpartanRaptor). Lots of fun was had some nice high speed runs in the snow, stuck a couple times, than a very technical course that didn't get any pictures of :(. Well to the Photobucket and youtube links 1 2 3 4. I have also created a new Facebook group to keep the Alberta members informed, see it here AARG

Last edited:

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks For being our fearless leader Adam! I had a blast with you guys. For those of you who have been thinking about doing this.....DO IT! Its amazing what these Raptors are capable of.

I look forward to our next run!

Thanks Again,

Brian

OP
OP
strafe

strafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for coming out Brian. Was a pleasure to meet and run with you. Any time you are game let me know and I will be there.

Last edited:

spartanraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes thank you Adam. Was nice meeting everyone, and glad to see Brian breaking in his '13 the proper way lol.
Cant wait for the rest of the runs.
Anyone reading this and contemplating coming out in the Alberta area, your really missing out.

Toms

Reaction score
What area of Alberta do you run at?

Edit: oh nvm just noticed in the pics. I would be very interested in making a few road trips down south.

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of us are planning a trip up to
The Yukon summer 2014. Traveling through banff area, any good trails / forest roads to get us someplace cool? Glacial lake or anything?

OP
OP
strafe

strafe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right now we run mostly in the Waiparous Creek Provincial Recreation Area. It is part of the Ghost lake reserve I have attached a link to the off road information site and PDF brochure and map. I would join in a heart beat to any large run up here. We are just trying to get local Alberta raptors out as we have plenty of great areas for beginners to very advanced. We ran the high speed trail to start than moved to the very Technical trail to finish the day. Needless to say the technical trail we never saw 20km/h

Last edited:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Ill check it out. We plan on leaving the Chicago area and heading to the Yukon and into Canada. Just looking for non highway routes to do some adventureish type trails. Maybe cross a mountain or two off pavement. So far it's only a two truck run but some travel company is always welcomed