Afton Canyon Run 2010-11-13 - from Rasor Road to Harvard Road via The Mojave Road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We almost had 5 Raptor owners out there but, due to a variety of reasons, it was just the two of us running around Afton Canyon. It was hard work but someone had to do it. Hopefully next time...

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan, is the front bumper-skid plate bent on your Raptor (driver's side, just under the light bar) or is that just an optical illusion in some of the pics?

Wish I could have been there...

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is the front bumper-skid plate bent on your Raptor (driver's side, just under the light bar) or is that just an optical illusion in some of the pics?

It's an optical illusion of course!

rotsnakemini.gif

Actually that's a good observation Mark; it's tweaked.

It happened on a recent trip to Death Valley - the pretend "skidplate" was dished in and it tweaked the metal its attached to. I know a number of others have done similar things as the skidplate is more for looks than function. The good news is (1) it's cosmetic only and (2) I'm a candidate for a nice looking aftermarket bumper in the future.

IMG_3331.jpg

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
On my way up the 15 freeway I spotted a black column of smoke...
Know what it is?

IMG_3275.jpg
We were heading to Barstow yesterday and it looks like you were only a few minuted ahead of us
CleanDezert2010002.jpg

How many trips do you have on your truck now? Seems as if you are out a few times a month

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, I drove past it and saw the red firetruck looping over the freeway and heading south to the car fire.

Don't know how many trips in the Raptor in the first year but it's a lot :thumbsup:

TRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh but WOW are those pics just KILLING me. I had every intention to be there and was all prepped to go, but...

On Friday, I did / already had:

- Send the Wife out of the country (her annual trip to JPN) : Check!
- Buy needed accessories : Check!
- Load up the cooler with drinks and food for the day : Check!
- Gas up the truck and aux fuel can : Check!
- Was tired and in bed to sleep @ 10:30pm with the alarm set for 5:45 : Check!

All is good, right? Well...

So, Yaaaawn... I wake up and look at the clock to see that the time is 7:35am. Ummm... WHAT?!?!?

To my bemusement, let's look back at the "alarm @ 5:45" noted above.

I did not notice that I had set the alarm for 5:45PM, not 5:45AM.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh S**********!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is now literally 0.00% chance of me being in Barstow by the 9am deadline...

I sent the "I Failed" txt to Dan, and went back to bed for a while.

I wish I could put into typed words how stupid I feel right now...

And I was SOOOOOO looking forward to getting Raptor-Truck really, really dirty...