2014 Snoball Thank you's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone who attended the 2014 Snoball. Its the great participants of this event who make all of the hard work and hours worth it.

Heather- Thank you for helping in every possible way. Selling raffle tickets, being a Chase truck, extractions etc the list is long and extensive. Thank you very much!

Mark- Thank you for all of your help including but not limited to the best placard designs ever associated with a Raptor Event. Also thank you for not putting your truck in the trees this year. :emotions36:

Dylan/Brad/Jeremy/ICON- Thank you again for all of your help being the presenting sponsor. You guys make a tremendous product and give away alot at the raffles. I also want to thank you guys for all of your help during the run.

WSI/Whelen- Jimmy and Alex(Dave) you guys really stepped up again with a very extensive lighting package. Also Thank you to both of you who helped out alot during different times of the event. Weather it was a broken 4x4 truck that needed to be turned around, a truck that needed help back to the road, or turning around 15 trucks on an impassable trail. Thank you for helping lead the pack when I wasn't around.

Freedom Motorsports- Thank you for all of the great raffle prizes and also being the only truck out of over 125 in 2 years to get a flat tire.:biggrin:

Lead Drivers-
JOE, TODD and TROY- You guys are great without you it would be one long convoy. But because of your decision making and driver skills we can break the event up into 5 more manageable groups.

Chase drivers-
Heather, Tim, Mike, Keith and Roger- You guys have some of the hardest jobs. Rarely does a vehicle become inoperative at the front. You guys have to do extractions, watch for hazards, communicate with other groups and so on. Its a very taxing job and you guys do it great!

Nicole, Vic and Erin- Thank you for all of your help at Registration. With your help everything ran smoothly and efficiently.

Kevin & Dustin- Thank you for keeping the event fun and making everyone laugh. You guys are great!

PW Jordan SWOSMRWYSDNOYS- Thanks for teaching me about the pickle juice.

Brandon- Thank you for offering your tattoo skills even though we couldn't find equipment. The more I hear about the trip the more of a rockstar you become. Although I didn't need all the shots of jameson I'm sure your group really liked lunch. You are a great man.

Bar/Rislone Products- Thank you for the product and swag

The A Team- You guys rocked! From helping out others to extractions to blazing trail numerous delays, being re routed etc. You guys are top notch in my book! Hopefully we will see each other soon.

All of the Sponsors from little single owner shops to larger companies thank you very much for making the Snoball the Premier Winter Raptor Event.

If I forgot or missed you I'm sorry.

Last but not least the State of Michigan and the Department of Natural Resources. Thank you for taking the time to talk and all of your work to make this event great.

Thank you everyone,

Jason

Last edited:

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, like I said during the banquet THANK YOU to each and everyone who attended the 2014 SnoBall, Drivers, CoDrivers, sponsors, and passengers is YOU who make our events truly a special experience! Jason & I put in a lot of work to do these events, but without you the participants it wouldnt be worth it! So Thank You for supporting a couple goofballs and our dumb ideas!

Jason for all of the hard work, planning, and keeping me focused when I need it!

Heather for putting up with Jason & I and keeping us BOTH focused when we need it! LOL

The SnoBall2 support drivers, Joe, Keith, Todd, Mike, Roger, Troy & Tim for all of the time that you volunteered for this event. In a lot of ways its a thankless job, but you guys got it done and truly represented the GLRE in a positive light! Roger, You especially for keeping Yeti Group together when things weren't moving along like they should've been!

Our presenting Sponsor ICON Vehicle Dynamics for your continued support of the GLRE and our events! You guys are great!

Our Day Sponsors WSI Raptor Fabrication & Freedom Motorsports! Jimmy & Chris are shining beacons in the Raptor Community and although they aren't the biggest Companies supporting the community and our events, they are without a doubt a couple of the best! Thanks Guys!

Bar's Products/Rislone - for hooking everyone up again with great products and swag!

All of the additional sponsors, THANK YOU for providing product, swag, services that help raise money for charity and make the SnoBall the premier Raptor event that it is!

Billy Moon, Thanks for bidding your ass off to win the Ebay auction. I know things didn't end well for you at the run, but I hope you make it back next year for a little revenge!!

Dylan Evans, Keith Podolan, Jimmy Degrado, Matt Richards, David Venti, Miranda Malmsten and I'm sure there are others I've missed that put their own fun aside to help other drivers/trucks in need during the course of the SnoBall! You guys are role models!

YETI GROUP! Thanks for sticking together and standing behind Roger & I through out the trip! You guys were great and I look forward to seeing you all again!

Donk - A big thanks for stepping up to the plate and running chase when Roger's truck decided it had enough.

Dan06 - For taking the ribbing and giving it back with a determined smile! The good guys aren't always the fastest right!

Vic the KeilbasaKid for being an awesome codriver and keeping me in check and out of trouble during the event!

The Michigan Dept. of Natural Rescources for recognizing how special this event is and granting the largest offroad permit in the State's history!!

The FRF community for the continuing support!

I know I'm forgetting people and I will probably add to this as things come to mind! Thanks to everyone again!
Mark

Last edited:

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make sure to thank some folks as well:

To all of the participants, thanks for helping make SnoBall II as memorable as the first. Is it all of you and your unique personalities that make this more than just an offroading trip.

To Mother Nature. thank you again for reminding us all we’re not in charge. We can’t control you and if we try, you smack us down. Your cold was bearable, but your sheer volume of snow pushed even the most capable of trucks back. Thank you for creating such an amazing place for us to 4 wheel.

To all the sponsors, thank you for your donations to help raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. We all love stuff, but we love helping out our Vets that need help even more.

Thank you to my Chicago crew. We always have fun together, help each other out, trade knowledge and jabs. You are the best group of folks I could have hoped for.

A big thanks to all the people I communicate with/stalk on FRF/Facebook and don’t get to see often. It was great seeing you, if even for a handshake or a huge.

A preemptive thank you to Greg McManus. We’re all waiting anxiously for a replacement to the IWE system on these trucks, or at least I am. Too many have failed and I’m loosing confidence and ready for an upgrade. Thanks for your research and knowledge, and I’m sorry we didn’t get to have you along this year.

A gigantic thank you to Charlie Group. You guys did frickin’ amazing. You put up with unscheduled delays, issues, flat tires, accidents and my ***** mouth and you took it all in stride. Most impressive, is how we banded together during our “incidents”. Nothing like seeing a group of people, many of whom have never met, jump in head first to either help a heavily damaged vehicle or saw down enough of the forest to build a cabin. I am proud to say I lead the best group of people through SnoBall II, hands down.

Carl and Kim. What can I say. You guys got dealt a chitty hand, and you took a bad situation and made the best out of it. I’m so sorry things ended the way they did. You guys are some great people and it’s a shame you’re so far away, ‘cause you’d fit into the Chicago Crew just fine. Thanks so much for being some of the nicest folks around and keep us in mind when you come back through Chicago. I’m sure those fiberglass fenders front and rear will look awesome!

Charlie Chase AKA Mike Rubin and his lovely wife Jennifer. A guy could not have asked for a better teammate. Thanks for everything you did, and everything you are. You’re one of the classiest guys I’ve ever met, and I’d go full retard road rage with you any day! I’m so glad we got to run together and work as hard as we did to make sure the participants of Charlie had the best time they could.

I think my wife deserves a HUGE thank you! Thanks for supporting this thing I do, thanks for agreeing to come along, to support all the money I’ve thrown at this (pre-run and SnoBall II) and for peeing outside, repeatedly. This SnoBall was awesome ‘cause I got to share it with my best friend.

And saving the best for last, a huge, triumphant, mega, massive thank you to Mark, Jason and Heather. Without your massive efforts, long hours, countless emails and weeks (months) of planning, this could not have happened. Know that your efforts are greatly appreciated. I can honestly say I am honored and privileged to have been asked to lead a group of your customers. I appreciate the importance and responsibility and hope to have represented GLRE the best I know how. Thank you also for the Freedom Motorsports gift card. That was really nice and it will go to good use. Now get to work, because it’s less than a year to SnoBall 2015.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to Jason and Mark for starting this crazy experience and keeping it alive. Thanks to all the people at GLRE and all the lead and chase drivers. Thanks to all the great sponsors. One more thanks you goes out to all who made the turn around work on peshekee grade road late Saturday night. Every one stepped up. Big thanks to Bravo group!!

Last edited:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks goes out to Jason, Mark, Heather for everything!

Thanks to everyone in Charlie group, you made the experience truly worthwhile! You also made quick work of my flat tire. Yep, broke a tire loose from the rim...lol To Todd and Mike, you guys were awesome! And everyone else! Thanks for the laughs, pics, videos and more~!

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wrote that whole big thing up, and I forgot someone!

A big thanks to Brian and Miranda. Miranda had quick access to a tow truck and was wiling to make the call to make it happen. They also took themselves out of the run to ****** our damaged truck to Escanaba. This was a huge load off my plate, and I'm so thankful they were willing to help. Charlie Group was lucky to have them, that day especially. I really am very thankful for their help.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wrote that whole big thing up, and I forgot someone!

A big thanks to Brian and Miranda. Miranda had quick access to a tow truck and was wiling to make the call to make it happen. They also took themselves out of the run to ****** our damaged truck to Escanaba. This was a huge load off my plate, and I'm so thankful they were willing to help. Charlie Group was lucky to have them, that day especially. I really am very thankful for their help.

GLRE, This was our first "run" and even though we had a little mishap, we're already planning for future runs from you guys!

Todd and Mike, you guys are the best. I'm going to request you guys as Leader/Chase in all the events we're part of in the future.

Miranda and Brian, thanks for getting us into town and getting a tow truck ready.

Charlie Group, awesome group and great people! We would have been screwed without your trail-side help and mechanical knowledge.

And everyone else, it was great to finally put faces/trucks to names.