*Big Blue's Guide to Raptor Runs*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the writeup! I just got my Raptor on Saturday, and look forward to my own adventures with mine. You mentioned you were stock other than Mid-Perch, so no frame protection? Trying to decide if it is needed for someone new like myself.

The only "frame-protection" I have is the $100 SDHQ frame support kit. Easy 15 minute install. Certainly does not compare to the more serious offerings for frame protections, but it did give me piece of mind and for $100, it's cheap insurance.

The mid-perch adjustment is key to all of the runs and is a must do modification.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well articulated Mike.

The Raptor fits my personality perfectly. I love to camp and to drive offroad and push my capabilities, and the Raptor fits this to a T. But the unexpected bonus has been the people I've gotten to meet. The guys on my AMG forum were nice, but none of them became true friends. I would go out of my way for any of my FRF buds, especially the ones I've run with. They are friendships I expect will carry to my 2017 model year Raptor!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As previously said, Great Write up Mike. I actually have decided to keep a log in my truck documenting my runs and such.

Stole the Idea from Joe and Nicole, they have a camp log they keep in their camper.

I second todds comment. Many of the VWvortex guys were cool, but thats about it. There wasnt the comrodery there is on the FRF forum. I'd go out of my way (and have) to help any of the FRF guys, especially the ones I've run with / lead.