Wrap in process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I look at yout truck I'm really starting to regret buying silver over terrain. Looks sweet!

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mywrap3.jpg

From purely a cosmetic standpoint, this is without a doubt, one of my top three favorite Raptors on the forum. Another that comes to mind is the ICON Ferrari matte gray. I think this a great color combination. Love the bumper and the LightForce lights. Everything about this just looks right.

I would love to do this with my white. Not sure about matching the fenders though. I think I would want the gray to be slightly lighter than the fenders and have the fenders contrast against the lighter gray wrap. I like the Lambo gray, but I need to be sure it's the same hue of gray in a lighter shade. Some grays have brown in them, etc. I need to get crackin' on this!

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I originally had a silver on order and even received a build date but backed out and had my dealer order a terrain. The dealer had no issues and he told me he would sell my silver in a heart beat. :)

As I look at yout truck I'm really starting to regret buying silver over terrain. Looks sweet!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment. And btw, those lights are 4.5" cannons with covers. I love the cannons as you can switch out colored covers when needed.

From purely a cosmetic standpoint, this is without a doubt, one of my top three favorite Raptors on the forum. Another that comes to mind is the ICON Ferrari matte gray. I think this a great color combination. Love the bumper and the LightForce lights. Everything about this just looks right.

I would love to do this with my white. Not sure about matching the fenders though. I think I would want the gray to be slightly lighter than the fenders and have the fenders contrast against the lighter gray wrap. I like the Lambo gray, but I need to be sure it's the same hue of gray in a lighter shade. Some grays have brown in them, etc. I need to get crackin' on this!

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taxman,
Did you do the wrap yourself, or have someone else do it for you?

Jeff

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In regard to an earlier post about where ADD ends their bedside graphic, I believe they do this for two reasons. 1. If they made the film line up with the very edge of that curve, it would be more prone to pealing. 2. Going further and wrapping around that curve would be harder for novices, therefore, it loses some of it's "DIY" appeal.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I purchased this from ADD, I was told an installer would need to do it and I agree. This is why the factory graphic does not wrap around nor does it go to the edges because Ford makes it easy for the DYIer. The factory graphic does go closer to that line in the rear quarter panel.

Wrap3.jpg

ADD still should make this go the line and it should not peel. If I were do it again, I would want the graphic to cover the entire rear quarter panel as that area takes a lot of debris kicking up from the rear tires.

In regard to an earlier post about where ADD ends their bedside graphic, I believe they do this for two reasons. 1. If they made the film line up with the very edge of that curve, it would be more prone to pealing. 2. Going further and wrapping around that curve would be harder for novices, therefore, it loses some of it's "DIY" appeal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never asked but I am sure they had a template they work from so it is just a matter of redoing the template.

Yeah, you're right. I didn't realize the factory one went that close to the edge. Did ADD give you a reason?

Last edited: