Winter Front???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novak94

Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone!

Now that the outside temps are starting to feel more like winter im always anxious in the mornings for the truck to reach operating temp and get some heat inside the cab. This being the first winter with the truck i was wondering if anyone rigs up winter fronts or grill covers to build heat quicker and keep the truck warmer?

I know were not dealing with diesel's but with a short commute to work(15 mins of suburb driving) in the mornings it would be nice to build heat quicker.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, not that I'm aware of - I wouldn't worry about it anyways; just use the remote start feature if you feel so inclined or better yet, just get in the truck and go...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck runs electric fans, so won't do you any good to block the grille, like Cobra said, use remote start or throw an electric heater in the cab overnight.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always worry about using winter fronts on gasoline engines. They get hot too quick. If you don't want to remote start because of the time, just let it run about 5 minutes and go. It will warm up fast. Plus, if you have heated seats they warm up even quicker.....

OP
OP
Novak94

Novak94

Reaction score
Remote start and heated seats would definitely help but my truck wasn't built with them :mad:. Even with the electric fan i would think heat would still build faster but would end up running the fans more frequently once up to temp.

Snoopaloop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remote start and heated seats would definitely help but my truck wasn't built with them :mad:. Even with the electric fan i would think heat would still build faster but would end up running the fans more frequently once up to temp.

I have a viper remote start in my truck. Wasn't super expensive and is defenitly one of my favorite upgrades. The range on mine is somewhere along the line of 200-300 yards. That means I can start my truck before I leave a building and it will be nice and toasty inside when I climb in.

@t_j has one too, maybe he will chime in

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a viper remote start in my truck. Wasn't super expensive and is defenitly one of my favorite upgrades. The range on mine is somewhere along the line of 200-300 yards. That means I can start my truck before I leave a building and it will be nice and toasty inside when I climb in.

@t_j has one too, maybe he will chime in

Viper is an awesome option, not cheap as I got the GPS module (I live in the city). But starting your truck from 8000 miles away when it sends you a low battery alert is kinda cool.