Wheel wells. Anyone used this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
lots of people get them line-x'd

however im sure that stuff would work great as well. just prep them properly.

I used rustoleum bed liner on my rangers wheel wells. sanded down good, cleaned etc. then sprayed 4 good coats. Has held up so far to rocks, snow/salt, etc. i drive gravel roads a lot, and my tires throw up a lot of rocks. no chips in mine yet. and actually dampens the sounds from rocks to.

So I say go for it. Will look a lot better as well.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Post up pics if anyone has done this. Definitely a cheaper alternative but I'm curious as to the texture and quality.

Banned
Reaction score
heres mine. like i said, its rustoleum bed liner in a spray can.
doesnt show the texture, but, id describe it as black spray paint with sand in it lol.

ce2daf8f-de33-fbea.jpg

ce2daf8f-de3b-aa7f.jpg

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So nothing close to the texture of line x or comparable companies? I'd assume the deezee is very similar to the rustoleum. You can only put so much in a spray can.

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, you gotta remember its a spray can with a tiny nozzle.

ill try and get cose up pics if it ever stops snowing

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
So nothing close to the texture of line x or comparable companies? I'd assume the deezee is very similar to the rustoleum. You can only put so much in a spray can.

the 3M rubberized undercoating is close to rhino liner and goes on thicker than the "truck bed" rattle can spray. no matter what you do it's going to chip off at some point but you can touch up!

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm mainly curious for items like the fender wells, flares, hood vents, and bumpers. I would probably pay to have a large area like the bed done but being able to do a small area by yourself would be beneficial to a lot of people.