what is the difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
pretty much the same thing... i consider a chase rack = vertical tire storage no bed cover and bed rack as a flat tire mount/rack that allows you to utilize a bed cover...

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they are interchangable, but I typically think of a chase rack as being bigger (Multi-Tire, tool box, jack, gas cans, etc) while a bed rack may hold nothing but a spare. I call what I have a bed rack.

D

Deleted member 12951

I am getting what is called a Bed Cage. It can hold 1 tire, 2 five gallon jugs, 24gal storage bin, 2ton jack w/skid, C02 tank, FE and shovel, all under the cover. Can opt for it to hold 2 tires, just can't close the cover with that option.

Chase racks seem to go high in the back of the bed to the roof line and have a light option. And seems one tire is either above the bed or half-way above. They look cool too.

If you just want a tire, go with the KHC or a tire gate type rack.

OP
OP
RigChaser962

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am getting what is called a Bed Cage. It can hold 1 tire, 2 five gallon jugs, 24gal storage bin, 2ton jack w/skid, C02 tank, FE and shovel, all under the cover. Can opt for it to hold 2 tires, just can't close the cover with that option.

Chase racks seem to go high in the back of the bed to the roof line and have a light option. And seems one tire is either above the bed or half-way above. They look cool too.

If you just want a tire, go with the KHC or a tire gate type rack.

those tire gates are cool, was looking at that, plus id love to see the ******* try and steal that off the truck with a 100 lb tire and rim on it lol

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think they're the same thing, but if I had to differentiate them, I would say that a bed rack holds items for the truck it's installed in and a chase rack would be installed in a chase truck and hold items for whatever it's chasing (i.e. race car/truck).