Undercover Flex?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LD50

Reaction score
Finally got my VIN and waiting for a build date. Up until now I thought I was set on getting the Bakflip F1. The last time I checked prices seemed to be in the $800 to $900 range but when I looked tonight, everything I found was right at $1000 or a little more. I also ran across the Undercover Flex which looked pretty similar to the Bakflip. I could find it in the lower $700 range and noticed that it also has a longer warranty.

Anyone have any experience with the Flex and what do you think about it?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
where are you looking for the bakflip f1 at over 1k?!?!

Hitup Morrie from Bak Factory outlet, he'll beat that price by several hundred bucks lower!

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go with the Flex, be warned that Undercover has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. If you ever have a problem, warranty claim, need replacement parts, etc. you will be SOL. Check out the Retrax instead! I have the Retrax Pro and it is awesome.

OP
OP
L

LD50

Reaction score
I was surprised by the prices I'm seeing now too. I think it was only a few weeks ago when I looked and was finding them for a couple hundred cheaper. Bak Factory Outlet is advertising the same price I'm seeing most places - $989.

I do like the Retrax style covers, but don't want to give up the bed space for the box and I like the idea of being able to take it out completely without much effort like the Flex or F1.

I hate to hear that about Undercover. The Flex looks pretty like a pretty promising lower cost alternative to the F1. From what I'm seeing it looks like they may have just started making them in November.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you go with the Flex, be warned that Undercover has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. If you ever have a problem, warranty claim, need replacement parts, etc. you will be SOL. Check out the Retrax instead! I have the Retrax Pro and it is awesome.

Do you lose much space with that RetraPro? That's what I'm going with. Do you think you could still fit a sport quad (Raptor, Banshee, etc) back there with the cover open, tailgate down, and a bed extender?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RetraxPro takes away 9" IIRC. I think the BakFlip F1 has climbed up to $1k and that Morrie did tell us that the price was going to jump up. I'm not sure how good of a deal he can get us but I know he'll get us the best deal anyone can find for a BakFlip.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes advertised price is one thing, CALL and ask what the price is, and it's usually much bettter!

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to bring this thread back. Currently debating between the two, now that the undercover has been out for a while is there any input on to which has better quality/longevity?

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i Have had one for 8 months now and it just as good as the day i bought it. it held up really well off roading to when i went out with AARG the other weekend and the other times i've been out. i open and close the thing on a regular bases to and everything is still working great. i went with it over the bakflip cause i liked the extra little features it had and have no regrets.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Locally it was recommended to me over the bakflip, but haven't found anything solid to win me over one way or the other. The price between the two really isn't that great at the pricing I am getting so was looking to just pick the better of the two. I heard the redesigned a couple of things to improve the undercover over their original version.