Tonneau Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Velocity767

Reaction score
Hey all, been stalking for a while, this site has been a huge resource for me, so thank you. However, I have a question.

Ive decided the first mod that I will get, hopefully the day I get the raptor, (my build date is tomorrow :waytogo:) is going to be a bedrug. From the samples I've seen and reviews I've read they look perfect for me. But I'm not sure what tonneau to get with it. Ive seen the bak flip f1 is very popular around here, and i really do like it, but have also heard that it still leaks even with the drain tubes in place. Is this just poor installation?

If you think the bak flip is the best, why? Any regrets? Does anyone have other options they like?

Im looking for something that is low profile, sturdy enough to support midwest snowstorms, and isn't too loud/ rattles when driving. Thanks for the help!

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BakFlip HD and it doesn't leak at all. Only issue is dust and water mist coming in from the tailgate but no issues with the cover. Need to get a kit or some weather stripping to seal it. The bedrug would probably help since it might cover the tailgate gaps but I just have Line-X.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This combination is the best I think. It looks the best every pickup owner that's seen this says they sould have gone this route. There isn't any rattlling and the hardest to break into with the alarm hook up. One thing is It's not perfectly water tight. In the corners at the tailgate you get a little water on the bedrug between bed and the tailgate if the truck is parked with the front higher than the back, and only at the corners. The rain does not come in while drivng either the weather strip actually lifts the water and dirt off of the cover. And dirt does not come in from the sides or bottom of the tailgate.

This is a picture before I reinstall the bed extenders, there on now and I removed the rubber feet and added 3M foam to side that rest on the bed when stowed. So it will not ruin the Bedrug.

Pace Edwards Electric Remote Bed Locker and The Bedrug.

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 2010 Raptor.jpg
    2010 Raptor.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had a Pace Edwards, a soft cover and the bakflip. I like them all and I would say that the pace edwards was the best but, not for the 5.5ft Raptor bed. I can not afford to lose the 9in from the bed so I went with the bakflip and its worked great for me... No leaks, never came open while driving, easy to remove if I need to.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking for something that is low profile, sturdy enough to support midwest snowstorms, and isn't too loud/ rattles when driving.

My Leer 700 went on Monday. The middle is a shallow M profile, with a tapered ridge behind each of the fixed rear windows. Inside the tonneau is lined with bedrug (grey or black) and has an l.e.d. fixture. Very good hardware and mechanisms. Seals tupperware tight and the Raptor rides better above 70 mph.

The tux black matches to the last Xirallic fleck; they could probably even do molten orange. Two weeks wait, $1,160 with tax. There is also the 550 which is flat.

Truck Caps, Toppers and Camper Shells by LEER

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bedmat and bakflip F1. Have to say the cover does let in a little water on the corners despite drilling the 3/4" holes for the drain tubes ( hated that) plus weatherstrip. I still like the cover nonetheless. A diamondbak or other similar top might be worth looking at as well.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the BakFlip F1 and the BedRug. I'll never go back to plastic liners, Line-X or fiberglass 'hard' tonneau covers. BakFlip and BedRug is the shizz.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went LineX strictly because if I want to slide stuff in and out of the bed, I really dont want edges getting snagged across the bedrug, but I think LineX or the bedrug are the only two ways to go for that part.

No bed cover is going to be water tight excpet maybe the Leer, but the Leer doesnt give you open bed easily. I know a few of the guys have had trouble with off-roading and the covers flying off or breaking mounts.

I have the Pace-Edwards electric, and I love it. There is a competitor for that option- Roll-n-Lock, and it actually locks into the tailgate, so gives you an extra bit of security and holds better under off-roading, as it uses extra mounting support on the rails. It is also better for taking up less space than my pace, but what I didnt like about it was the vinyl top on the cover. If they made it with the metal exposed, I would go with that one. I dont want my truck looking like shit because there are rips in the cover or scratches.