Tonneau covers for offroading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WReX24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the roll-x and I haven't had a lot of luck with it. While off-road, as the bed flexes it tends to fall off the rails and ends up wedged in the bed.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have not had good luck with the roll-x. The bed flexes and causes it to pop at the latches and come loose. I've even held the end in place with chain but doesn't help because it still pops off. My last try is I am getting bed stabilizers and if that doesn't work, I will be asking the same question as you. I ended up taking it off on the last run.

Pic of what happened at the dunes
eta6uge2.jpg

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This happened to me with the rollx. Talked to morrie(bought it from him) he said there was a newer version. I got the newer one. Seems quite a bit heavier. Not had it off road yet. If you bought from bak outlet, give him a call.

WReX24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had good luck with the roll-x. The bed flexes and causes it to pop at the latches and come loose. I've even held the end in place with chain but doesn't help because it still pops off. My last try is I am getting bed stabilizers and if that doesn't work, I will be asking the same question as you. I ended up taking it off on the last run.

I tried stabilizing the bed with a ratchet strap between the d rings in the bed, it didn't seem to help. I wonder if a real bed stabilizer setup would work better.

I've also noticed lately even on not-so-rough terrain that one of the back corners tends to pop up.

D

Deleted member 12951

What if you roll it up and secure it during the run?

They give you four rubber foam tubes to stick to the underside so when it is rolled it helps when hitting the rear glass. I would hate to be off roading with that moving slightly and breaking your rear window. I wouldn't risk it.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They give you four rubber foam tubes to stick to the underside so when it is rolled it helps when hitting the rear glass. I would hate to be off roading with that moving slightly and breaking your rear window. I wouldn't risk it.

Interesting. I wondered wth those were for.