Tonneau cover and bed rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rorywg

Reaction score
Has anybody come up with a definitive way of combining a bed rack with a tomneaur cover? I have the Bakflip F1 and am tryin to come up with a way of building a bedrack/frame above the bed to carry stuff like maxtraxx, jerries, RTT...

I think this is a regular topic- thee have been some great solutions posted for racks under the cover, but haven't seen a settled solution for combing a cover with a rack that sits above the cover...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rorywg

Rorywg

Reaction score
thanks- looks really good- but it looks to be a roll up cover so I might have to bite the bullet and buy another, I guess.

Do you rate saluki? I had started talking with Robbies. I'm pretty wary of most providers out here...

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the Diamond Back HD. It's rated to carry 1600+ lbs. Don't have anything permanently mounted there, but have hauled tires/wheels up there. Works great. Look around as you can find a used one, like I did, and save a bunch of money. Although used, these things have a very durable coating, so mine looked brand new once it was washed.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what I'm doing. Having Aftermarket HQ custom build me a rack. It will carry one spare under the cover. If I need to run with two spares- I'll leave the cover open.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1473122802.918099.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The roll up soft covers will give you a few more inches than the fold back. Every inch counts lol my tonneau allowed for a 10gal C02 tank to stand upright. We made my rack to fit under my roll up, but still allow for some objects to slide underneath for Runs to Home Depot etc. plan was to make an attachment to add 2nd spare, but was easier to just toss 2nd spare under the truck and keep the space free for a toolbox or 50cal turret ;)

This is what we built, it's fs if you're local

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f29/il-custom-bed-rack-slip-fit-quick-disconnects-48160/

Mr.Morphine

Reaction score
Rorywg, I have used both Robbies and Saluki to build my bumper. The Robbies one lasted one trip out, the Saluki built one is still going strong many years later.
Talk to Mark or Rob (the fabricator) at Saluki, they know what they are doing, they used excellent materials, Camburg fittings etc.

OP
OP
Rorywg

Rorywg

Reaction score
Thanks- I will try them out.

I went to see Robbies last week- they are doing bulk jobs of bumpers and swing-out tyre carriers for the military- batches of 20 or so. They looked pretty robust so thanks for the headsup.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two new covers coming out that might work for you:

Undercover Defender
Pace Edwards UltraGroove

Defender1_zpsqqf2coyr.jpg

UltraGoove2_zpshkbdbx68.jpg

Last edited: