Tailgate vinyl. What do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this over the weekend. I am thinking I should have gone with matte rather than satin.

Trying to match the hood vinyl is difficult.

Also not quite sure about the area next to the tail lights. One thing is for sure... I really need to smoke the lights more to pull this look together completely.

Interested in everyone's thoughts. Be brutally honest. I can take it. :)

ega8yna9.jpg
e8asajy3.jpg
uve5urez.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the work looks good, but im not a fan of the actual two toned tailgate. i think it would look better if you did the claw marks or the digital mud

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the tailgate...I've been considering the same to tie in the front graphics since i took off the side ones

Last edited:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan. Also definitely smoke the lights if you stick with that. I smoked mine with Nightshades. Heavy on the forward most part of the light, fading lighter to the back. It's not noticeable I just did it so the Brake Lights stayed bright when lit. I also taped off the reverse lights since they are already dim. It was a much needed mod for a black truck.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it, nice job...assuming you do the hood so it balances out.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it. Been thinking about doing the same. Def tint the tails and do something with the ford symbol. That blue kinda ruins it IMO.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am with Nick...Smoke the lights...I like it, but think matte or a grey might work better...overall it looks good...nice job

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried wrapping my whole tailgate once and didn't like it and peeled it off. Then I was gonna do the center horizontal stripe like you did, but decided I knew I wouldn't like it either so I scrapped the idea.

I think it looks alright on your truck, but just being honest I hate the little pieces of black outside the tail lights. I would remove those and reevaluate, but that's just my opinion. Maybe they would look alright if the tails were smoked, but they look out of place against the red.