SVC Baja - Securing light?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

On the SVC Baja front bumper, the nuts to hold a 30" light is in a really tight spot. Tried the Rigid security nuts but the socket is too long to fit in there. Practically any type of socket would be too big.

Other than tack weld the nuts or drill some holes in the lights and use a cable lock, has anyone figured out a way to secure the nuts?

@svc

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
If it's that hard to get to... do you think someone trying to steal them would spend the time to do it?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

If it's that hard to get to... do you think someone trying to steal them would spend the time to do it?

A pair of pliers or just a crescent wrench can get it off in a matter of minutes. Hence why I am asking others who HAVE this bumper. The socket tight issue is when you try to use any security nut on the market since those typically come as a special socket to use.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Dude you never know. I've come to realize that when a ************* scumbag thief wants something bad enough there really isn't a way to stop them. It's pretty sad that people like us work our asses off to be able to buy the things we want and then we have to worry about spending more money securing our stuff so it's not stolen. I am a huge supporter that we should start cutting off people's hands if they get caught stealing more than once. Ok sorry to rant carry on. Lol.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Don't get me wrong. I fully understand that if a thief wants something, they will get it no matter what you do. I am merely asking to secure it better than two nylon nuts, to fight against the causal thief that is looking for the quick grab and run.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Dude you never know. I've come to realize that when a ************* scumbag thief wants something bad enough there really isn't a way to stop them. It's pretty sad that people like us work our asses off to be able to buy the things we want and then we have to worry about spending more money securing our stuff so it's not stolen. I am a huge supporter that we should start cutting off people's hands if they get caught stealing more than once. Ok sorry to rant carry on. Lol.

Agreed. I'm of the same mentality, which is why I haven't screwed with security nuts, locking lug nuts, etc. If you make it hard for them and they can't figure out a way to get it, they usually **** up more things on purpose at that point.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Minutes, park in a garage or line of sight

That's great when you are home and you have room in your garage. I am asking so when you are out and about on vacation, out of town, not home. Look at the guy who just went to Disneyland and they stole his 50" and hood lights....

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I KNOW. At the end of the day, someone is going to take it if they really want it.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's great when you are home and you have room in your garage. I am asking so when you are out and about on vacation, out of town, not home. Look at the guy who just went to Disneyland and they stole his 50" and hood lights....

I know I saw that post and it makes me sick. Since I saw that post I've also been wondering if there is anything I can do to make my stuff more secure. Use the red Locktite. Have you ever tried to get something loose that you've used that shit on. I used it on my flush mount lights in my front bumper and I broke an allen wrench trying to get it out last week.lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts