Steel Shelby hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor501

Reaction score
Here soon I am going to be a new owner of a raptor. I am wanting to stick a Shelby hood on it but can't find anything other than fiberglass. Is there steel versions out there? Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Varhammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always purchase a Shelby Raptor from Shelby and have the real deal. Or get a Raptor and have it converted by Shelby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Raptor501

Reaction score
Well i just like the hood I dont want to pony up that kind of money for a Shelby raptor. I just was hoping I could avoid fiberglass

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well i just like the hood I dont want to pony up that kind of money for a Shelby raptor. I just was hoping I could avoid fiberglass

All right, I'll bite:

WHY? There have been literally hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of vehicles on the road through the years with composite hoods and tailgates, and as far as I know that application of composite materials has never been problematic.

OP
OP
R

Raptor501

Reaction score
All right, I'll bite:

WHY? There have been literally hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of vehicles on the road through the years with composite hoods and tailgates, and as far as I know that application of composite materials has never been problematic.

Its really just a personal preference...I will get fiberglass if I have to

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can you buy a Shelby hood at for the gen2, I tryed to find online and was unsuccessful. Just wondering how much it is

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^Because a Shelby hood will add 24.6 bhp and 31.7 ft-lbs to a GEN2?
Oh wait, it's 31.7 bhp and 24.6 ft-lbs.
Sorry.