Spare tire carrier help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The LGE*CTS one is nice. It bolts in where the factory bed bolts are and holds a 37. They can customize too if needed. The in the picture is Sarah's truck and she has 37" Toyo's. I'd call CTS and talk to Sarah. She's very helpful.

If I ever dovetail my truck I'll be going with the CTS mount.

Last edited:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just my 2cents, go with a simple Y strap mounted to the bed. The 2 options above are not efficient uses of space. With the Y strap you can easily remove the spare and have full use of the bed. Plus will cost you around $100 total.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f25/securing-spare-tire-y-strap-28790/

If i were to choose between the 2 options I'd go with the LGE mount as it at least holds gas cans.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have a KHC setup that lays flat in the bed towards the cab. holds a 37" and is in the price range you are looking for...it's a great rack, i'd hit up KHC if you're interested...

bushman

Reaction score
I have 3 removable tie downs in the bed. I mount my spare in the bed flat towards the tailgate. I secure it with 2 ratcheting tie downs ( I will soon get a Y strap). I also stack another spare on top of it when I go on a run. I lock them in with 2 cables and a Kryptonite u lock. Quick, easy completely removable if I need access to the bed. Poor man's tire mount as I call it.