Something of interest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Wiland

Reaction score
Just bought a Bastille System tonneau and tool box combo for my truck and had seen one before, but I guess its new from what I was told. It was expensive $1,499, but does so much more than other products I have had and used.

Thanks

BW

Attachments

• Bastille System Ford F-150 5.5 Both Covers Open.jpg
    Bastille System Ford F-150 5.5 Both Covers Open.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 144

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Bastille System tonneau and tool box combo for my truck and had seen one before, but I guess its new from what I was told. It was expensive $1,499, but does so much more than other products I have had and used.

Thanks

BW
Hmmm....it's a bit bulky looking. Plastic toolboxes don't have a good history, don't know about this one though. Rear panel removal process is not adequate, they need a better system, like something similar to Undercover. Metal ring struts are not good for removal, again, they need struts like what's on the Undercover.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Brian Wiland

Reaction score
Rear cover and tool box

The tool box is actually pretty dang tough and it has feet that go down and touch the floor of the truck bed so it won't sag, which was one concern I had early on. I removed the rear cover the other day and had no problems. Took about 5 minutes and had to remove 2 bolts per side. Most of the time I'm not going to go through the trouble to remove anyway. As far as it being bulky, I find it to be much less so than almost all of the fiberglass covers I looked at while shopping. The tool box actually sits way lower than nearly every other tool box I have seen out on the road when driving, so I find it to be actually a pretty good low profile system.

Thanks

Brian

OP
OP
B

Brian Wiland

Reaction score
Tool Box in use

Here is a shot of my Bastille System with the rear cover removed and tool box loaded up with stuff.

Attachments

• Bastille System Cargo Compartment In Use.jpg
    Bastille System Cargo Compartment In Use.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 86