Snugtop XTR for cheap, but it's the wrong color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is silver, this top is black.

00j0j_bObrdKdUbGi_600x450.jpg

Guy is asking $600, (says he paid $1100), I'm hoping I could get it for 5.

I've got a couple camping/boating trips coming up it would be really nice to have the extra space for (as opposed to my normal folding cover), light, if any off-roading on these trips. Never even thought about buying one before because I won't use it for anything other than trips, but this seems like a good price.

It's pretty tempting, but what do you think? is it going to be totally stupid since it's the wrong color? Anybody have one of these and have an opinion or review of it?

Part of me says **** it, who cares if it's pink if it's cheap and gets the job done, but part of me also says I can't believe you spent $50k on a truck only to cheap out on a top. I just can't bring myself to spend a grand on something I'll use 1-2 times a year.

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I really want that...

I think if you got it on your silver it'd be tacky.

DT 714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is silver, this top is black.

00j0j_bObrdKdUbGi_600x450.jpg

Guy is asking $600, (says he paid $1100), I'm hoping I could get it for 5.

I've got a couple camping/boating trips coming up it would be really nice to have the extra space for (as opposed to my normal folding cover), light, if any off-roading on these trips. Never even thought about buying one before because I won't use it for anything other than trips, but this seems like a good price.

It's pretty tempting, but what do you think? is it going to be totally stupid since it's the wrong color? Anybody have one of these and have an opinion or review of it?

Part of me says **** it, who cares if it's pink if it's cheap and gets the job done, but part of me also says I can't believe you spent $50k on a truck only to cheap out on a top. I just can't bring myself to spend a grand on something I'll use 1-2 times a year.

Those are nice..I think they sell for over $3K new...
I'd buy it if he was closer to Houston...!!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Are you going to keep it after those trips? If not, just buy if and sell it for what you paid. Who cares what it looks like if you don't have to pay for it at the end of the day. Even if you do keep it and just use it once in awhile, black wont look too bad on silver. You can't beat $500

OP
OP
amphibian

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to keep it after those trips? If not, just buy if and sell it for what you paid. Who cares what it looks like if you don't have to pay for it at the end of the day.

That thought had crossed my mind, and if I sold it on FRF instead of craigslist....

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are you located? I will buy it from you if you sell it if it is tuxedo black

OP
OP
amphibian

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit, should have jumped when I had the chance. Called him back today and it's sold. Probably one of you guys beat me to it :lol2: