Rough Country Winch Plate & Warn Winch Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My previous vehicle was a Jeep TJ Rubicon. I kept the winch when I sold the vehicle with of hopes of transferring it to the Raptor. Here's pics of the install. Let me know if there are questions. I haven't used it yet, but hopefully we'll get snow up north and I can winch out my Jeep buddies. We all know Raptors don't get stuck :)

Overall, I could not be happier with the results.

Parts List:
Warn 9.5ti with 125' of 5/8" steel cable
Warn 73850 steel hawse fairlead for cable
Rough Country 1010 F-150 Hidden Winch Plate

Setup on the bench checking fitments:
attachment.php

Plate installed showing clearances:
attachment.php

It's a tight fit. Will need to open the hood when winching with cable to keep an eye on things:
attachment.php

Sharp looking from the outside:
attachment.php

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2863.jpg
    IMG_2863.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,205
  • IMG_2865.jpg
    IMG_2865.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,277
  • IMG_2850.jpg
    IMG_2850.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,762
  • IMG_2907.jpg
    IMG_2907.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 4,108
Last edited:
OP
OP
602Raptor

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wheel alone quite a bit and a good winch is a must. Warns are also great winches and you can usually find them on your local Jeep forum for significantly less.

Turk

Reaction score
Nice setup. I've got a Warn 9.5 that I would like to mount hidden like that. Does it affect running temps?

Off to Rough country to see if they have a plate that fits my winch.
I also have an extra 8k, but would rather have the extra power, on a full size truck

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup. I've got a Warn 9.5 that I would like to mount hidden like that. Does it affect running temps?

Off to Rough country to see if they have a plate that fits my winch.
I also have an extra 8k, but would rather have the extra power, on a full size truck

I am pretty sute the bolt pattern should be identical to just about every other winch out there. They are a standard spread pattern with a standard bolt/thread size.