Rogue Rebel + Baja Designs ONX6 ARC = no bueno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad:

Both are quality pieces but together you will not get the fit you desire. Instead you get the ends of the light bar hanging out exposed past the front of the bumper.

When I picked this setup I was under the impression that it would have the same fit/finish as the ridgid and would look similar to the setup pictured on their site.

This is what I ended up with.

OmME2KP.jpg

6IqiauS.jpg

wIoA6fl.jpg

Is anyone else running this setup?

Looking for ideas on correcting this. Shorter brackets maybe?

What happens to the light output if I move the entire light bar back between the main bumper tubes more?

D

Deleted member 12951

I have the Rebel myself but with the Rogue radius and it fits the radius of the bumper great, looks really good.

But I am swapping it out and getting the Baja Designs OnX6 Arc Racer now. I think we had a chat in Facebook a little while back and I got @Jimbo involved because this issue is crap, looks like shit.

I spoke with Doug at @Rogue Racing and he said they were designing a new bracket but it still has the edges out due to Baja Designs radius is not like others. He said the frame horns are in the way because Baja Designs housing is wider than other 40" due to them needing more heat management since they run their leds at 100% to be extremely bright. Doug told me that they have taken a grinder and removed part of the fins on the ends so it will sit back further. I asked him about warranty and he was going to contact Baja Designs to see if they would make an exception on my order. Well the next week, either Doug quit or Rogue let him go as he no longer works there since the last week of June.

Now I was dealing with Troy and he told me that the Arc sits flush now and is sending me the brackets. I will let you know if that is the case or not once I get the hardware. I doubt it though as it seems Troy isn't really aware of the issue but Doug knew all about it.

I got a used 40" Arc and because of that, there is no warranty so if this bracket doesn't set it back, I will be grinding the fins down to see if that resolves the issue.

But I whole heartedly agree with you, Rogue needs to fix this issue. Hopefully Rogue listens....but they might be very limited in what they can do with what they got to work with. Personally it would be nice if Rogue and Baja Designs can work something out together and design a light that fits right as this really seems like the only viable solution. Or Rogue stop offering this light with this bumper.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
F

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rebel myself but with the Rogue radius and it fits the radius of the bumper great, looks really good.

But I am swapping it out and getting the Baja Designs OnX6 Arc Racer now. I think we had a chat in Facebook a little while back and I got @Jimbo involved because this issue is crap, looks like shit.

I spoke with Doug at @Rogue Racing and he said they were designing a new bracket but it still has the edges out due to Baja Designs radius is not like others. He said the frame horns are in the way because Baja Designs housing is wider than other 40" due to them needing more heat management since they run their leds at 100% to be extremely bright. Doug told me that they have taken a grinder and removed part of the fins on the ends so it will sit back further. I asked him about warranty and he was going to contact Baja Designs to see if they would make an exception on my order. Well the next week, either Doug quit or Rogue let him go as he no longer works there since the last week of June.

Now I was dealing with Troy and he told me that the Arc sits flush now and is sending me the brackets. I will let you know of that is the case or not once I get the hardware. I doubt it though as it seems Troy isn't really aware of the issue but Doug knew all about it.

I got a used 40" Arc and because of that, there is no warranty so if this bracket doesn't set it back, I will be grinding the fins down to see if that resolves the issue.

But I whole heartedly agree with you, Rogue needs to fix this issue, it again looks like shit. Hopefully Rogue listens....

That's right we did.

I initially brought this up to Doug on June 8th. He said they were going to pull a bumper and bar, mock it up and get it sorted out. I also inquired about a bump stop kit with some king bumps. Response was almost immediate so I ordered those as well.

June 13th a package arrives.. Ended up being a new 40" onx6 arc bar. ok.. Called Doug and let him know somehow an extra bar got shipped to me, got their fedex number, shipped it back to rogue.

Fast Forward to June 28th. Still have not heard anything. Called to get a price on some Deaver +2s received that quote back quickly but nothing about the bumper. So I ended up buying the deavers from somewhere else.

July 8th rolls around and still nothing. So I send another email this time ccing Troy.

July 11th Troy gets back to me letting me know he is going to look in to this and get it resolved for me.

Today July 18 I get an email from Troy letting me know they do not offer any other mounts but he'll let me know if/when they do.. So basically pound sand.

So... W T F

And yeah it looks like shit. It's becoming the first thing people comment on. "Is that supposed to be like that?"

D

Deleted member 12951

That's right we did.

I initially brought this up to Doug on June 8th. He said they were going to pull a bumper and bar, mock it up and get it sorted out. I also inquired about a bump stop kit with some king bumps. Response was almost immediate so I ordered those as well.

June 13th a package arrives.. Ended up being a new 40" onx6 arc bar. ok.. Called Doug and let him know somehow an extra bar got shipped to me, got their fedex number, shipped it back to rogue.

Fast Forward to June 28th. Still have not heard anything. Called to get a price on some Deaver +2s received that quote back quickly but nothing about the bumper. So I ended up buying the deavers from somewhere else.

July 8th rolls around and still nothing. So I send another email this time ccing Troy.

July 11th Troy gets back to me letting me know he is going to look in to this and get it resolved for me.

Today July 18 I get an email from Troy letting me know they do not offer any other mounts but he'll let me know if/when they do.. So basically pound sand.

So... W T F

And yeah it looks like shit. It's becoming the first thing people comment on. "Is that supposed to be like that?"

Well it sounds like the brackets they are sending me, will have the same issue. I did modify my first post as its an issue that both vendors need to work together on. If they agree, I feel confident that they can make this look awesome.

Rogue might be very limited in what they can do with what they got to work with. Personally it would be nice if Rogue and Baja Designs can work something out together and design a light that fits right as this really seems like the only viable solution. Or Rogue stop offering this light with this bumper.

OP
OP
F

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it sounds like the brackets they are sending me, will have the same issue. I did modify my first post as its an issue that both vendors need to work together on. If they agree, I feel confident that they can make this look awesome.

Rogue might be very limited in what they can do with what they got to work with. Personally it would be nice if Rogue and Baja Designs can work something out together and design a light that fits right as this really seems like the only viable solution. Or Rogue stop offering this light with this bumper.

Or at the very least let it be known that it does not fit like the ridgid. I would have probably went with the renegade if I had known that.

D

Deleted member 12951

Or at the very least let it be known that it does not fit like the ridgid. I would have probably went with the renegade if I had known that.

If you look at the back of the light, how much room is there between the end of the fins and the frame horn? And can you measure how much it sticks out on the ends? Just wondering how much might need to be ground down in the back.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Now I was dealing with Troy and he told me that the Arc sits flush now and is sending me the brackets. I will let you know if that is the case or not once I get the hardware. I doubt it though as it seems Troy isn't really aware of the issue but Doug knew all about it.

But I whole heartedly agree with you, Rogue needs to fix this issue, it again looks like shit. Hopefully Rogue listens....but they might be very limited in what they can do with what they got to work with. Personally it would be nice if Rogue and Baja Designs can work something out together and design a light that fits right as this really seems like the only viable solution. Or Rogue stop offering this light with this bumper.

This explains why I haven't received any emails back from Doug....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free