Road Armor for SVT Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fillmoreranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Road Armor today. They are finishing up their work on the F150 bumper project this week. Next week, they should be ready to start on "Project Raptor."

I agreed to provide the test mule for their product engineering and development. My truck will be needed for 2-3 weeks. While that is a significant length of time, I was impressed at how they want to ensure everything is "just right", which includes the reverse engineering process. (Thank goodness I have another Ford to drive... lol.)

While I am sure there are a lot of questions about a product like this for the Raptor, this much I was able to learn from our conversation:

• This will be a steel bumper, using the same materials they use with other products in their line-up.

• They do not work with aluminum, so don't look for an aluminum Road Armor bumper.

• Weight: The approximate weight for the front bumper base is 120 lbs. The estimated total weight with top bar and aux lights installed is approximately 150 lbs max.

• Following their F150 design, the front bumper will have cut outs for 2 sets of Aux lights. The rear bumper will have cut outs for 1 set of aux lights.

• The OEM tow hooks appear to be out, but both front and rear bumpers will be designed for towing shackles.

• The front and rear bumpers will be designed to accommodate (front and/or rear) winches.

• The bumpers will have a powder coat finish.

We are both excited about the opportunity to bring Road Armor to the SVT Raptor. Stay tuned...

OP
OP
fillmoreranger

fillmoreranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Road Armor today. They are finishing up their work on the F150 bumper project this week. Next week, they should be ready to start on "Project Raptor."

I agreed to provide the test mule for their product engineering and development. My truck will be needed for 2-3 weeks. While that is a significant length of time, I was impressed at how they want to ensure everything is "just right", which includes the reverse engineering process. (Thank goodness I have another Ford to drive... lol.)

While I am sure there are a lot of questions about a product like this for the Raptor, this much I was able to learn from our conversation:

• This will be a steel bumper, using the same materials they use with other products in their line-up.
  • They do not work with aluminum, so don't look for an aluminum Road Armor bumper.
  • Weight: The approximate weight for the front bumper base is 120 lbs. The estimated total weight with top bar and aux lights installed is approximately 150 lbs max.
  • Following their F150 design, the front bumper will have cut outs for 2 sets of Aux lights. The rear bumper will have cut outs for 1 set of aux lights.
  • The OEM tow hooks appear to be out, but both front and rear bumpers will be designed for towing shackles.
  • The front and rear bumpers will be designed to accommodate (front and/or rear) winches.
  • The bumpers will have a powder coat finish.
We are both excited about the opportunity to bring Road Armor to the SVT Raptor. Stay tuned...

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Cool - I'm looking forward to seeing more.
I like the ADD bumpers, but think something thicker would look meaner on the Raptor, not to mention fare better smashing the Elk or Moose that are more prominent on the roads here than Deer...

Also, and this question is directed at all bumper manufacturer's interested in replying - what the hell happens with the air-bag sensors and after-market bumpers?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know. I look forward to see what they're working on for the Raptor.

Is this what you're talking about?

(Maybe you can post somepics of "their F150 design"?)

90100B_Front.jpg

OP
OP
fillmoreranger

fillmoreranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably see their F150 work when I drop off the Raptor next week. Let me see what I can obtain and share with the class.

I know that Tough Country and Throttle Down Kustoms are also working on front bumpers for the SVT Raptor. From the photos that I have seen from both of those companies, it looks like some great work is being done out there. That should make some Raptor owners very happy.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very nice.

See what they say about sliders. I'm looking for an honest to goodness set of sliders strong enough to actually protect the rockers. So far nobody seems willing to give building 'em a try (and looking around underneath, and at the grand canyon worth of space between the panels and frame I can understand why).

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see what anyone comes out with for the Raptor as long as it looks and functions properly.