Review: CravenSpeed Stubby replacement antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently completed an 1810 round trip to break in my Raptor. One thing I noticed right quick was the stock antenna. That thing whipped back and fourth all trip, driving me crazy. That and it just wouldn't stay tight. I checked it at least half a dozen times, and each time is was loose. Check yours and keep an eye on it if you don't want to lose it. Or, maybe try some red Loctite.

The whipping drew my peripheral attention constantly. It drove me nuts, to the point where I took it off for the ride home. I recognized this on the trip out and ordered a Craven Speed stubby Monday. It was waiting for me when I got home Friday night, I've already put it on and I've taken a few mile road test.

IMHO this antenna looks far better than stock. It looks like it belongs as part of the design aesthetic. But truthfully, even if didn't look any better, I wouldn't care... the whip is gone! It now feels like I've gained 20% more visibility over there (total trick of the brain, I know, but there's no more annoying "border" over there... my gaze just flows from one end of the windshield to the other).

And as for performance, I live on a hill that gets very shotty AM reception. I'm also on the outskirts of a handful of FM broadcasts. My Magnum's AM reception is nill, and its FM reception is extremely hit or miss. One thing I was enjoying about the Raptor was how strong those same AM and FM signals were coming in, so obviously I was concerned about swapping antennas.

I needn't be; reception is as strong with the stubby as with the stock antenna. And again, given the area I live in and my previous experience with another vehicle, I think that's really saying something.

Here are a few pics of it installed on my (dirty) white Raptor.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is going to sound kind of pansy but how difficult was the install? Pretty straight forward? The only antennae I have ever installed was the replacing the power antennae on my Landcruiser, well and my brother's Landcruiser also...total pain in the arse.

The stubby looks real slick.

Raptor enroute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noca - really easy just unscrew it and screw on the stubby the electric ones are a pain in the ass but these are very easy probably take 3 minutes

This is going to sound kind of pansy but how difficult was the install? Pretty straight forward? The only antennae I have ever installed was the replacing the power antennae on my Landcruiser, well and my brother's Landcruiser also...total pain in the arse.

The stubby looks real slick.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RE has the right of it NoCa. This is probably the easyest mod you'll make on your truck. Took me all of 45 seconds to do, one hand and no tools. Hell, I had a hard time keeping the OE one from NOT uninstalling itself. No such trouble with the stubby. Its stayed locked and tight since install.

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! That looks totally awesome can you send me the link for that antenna to my email?