Retrax one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a retractable cover and there are a TON of choices. Don't want a pull strap and don't really need a power retractable one. Seems like the retrax one or retrax pro is the way to go. Anyone have experience with one vs the other? I'd do the pro in a heartbeat but I don't like the gloss finish and don't necessarily need 500lb load capacity on top. But if it is significantly better than the retrax one I would go for it. Any thoughts?

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the pro and like it, but I've never seen the one so I don't have a basis for comparison.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Retrax One on another vehicle years ago. It was ok. I live where it snows and the only problem I had was the snow and ice would get into the locking mechanism and you couldnt get the top open when you need it. But it looks as though they put a rubber cover over the lock so that might have fixed the problem.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run the RetraxPro and I really like it. I think it blends in very nicely with the black Raptor.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do these retractable covers handle offroading/jumping/sand/mud? That's ideally the bed cover I want, but I don't know how tough they are. Any insight?

OP
OP
Txfight00

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the bed covers are clamp-on. I would think that no matter whether you choose retractable or flip, the limiting factor is the rail clamps. Shouldn't be any different from the guys running with the bak f1 for example. I may be wrong though, would love to hear from others.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if us Raptor owners should go with the Pro since that changes the mounts from Lexan to aluminum and adds more strength.

OP
OP
Txfight00

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if us Raptor owners should go with the Pro since that changes the mounts from Lexan to aluminum and adds more strength.

I think the actual mounts are the same - both metal, the slat material is aluminum vs lexan. Lexan is really strong, but there are double the bearings on the Pro, which gives it more strength. That's why I chose it, and the folks at Retrax said that the build quality is better on the Pro vs One. I don't think you can go wrong either way.